General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Lund horizontal billet grill... installed by the blind guy

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:57 AM

Lund horizontal billet grill... installed by the blind guy

Received my Lund horzontal billet grill just in time for the memorial weekend... Speedy and timely processing by Speed and Street. Thought Maggie would appreciate not being ragged on.

looked great out of the box... good instructions... plenty of spare nuts.

TWO NOTABLE DEVIATIONS FROOM THE INSTRUCTIONS

1. had to elonegate the three top holes in the hood to the left about 1/4 inch. The possitioning of the grill studs were a little off and needed the slack to center the grill.

2. the final step drilling holes for the pop rivits... instead of "pushing into place" I used four spot ties, two on each side, to pull the grill to the lower brace. This freed both of my hands for drilling and Joan didn't have to leave her card game to come help me in the garage.

Aside from the filing... everything went as instructed.

The installation took me about two hours... remember I am blind and did most of this by feeling my way around. Joan read me the instructions and hand walked me around the grill. I do something that might help others... I lay a large white towel over the engine... nuts drop onto the towel... not lost to the engine gods.

Now if only my ACC parts hadn t taken four weeks to ship... maybe next week

Last edited by REDFLYR; 05-25-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:05 AM

I take my hat off to you and all the others "handicapped" people that can make the rest of us look handicapped. Job well done.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:14 AM

my first post... i ment race and street. NOT speed and street
Old 05-31-2008, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
I take my hat off to you and all the others "handicapped" people that can make the rest of us look handicapped. Job well done.
in another thread i talked about a guy that gave me a rash of sh t for parking in HIS handicap spot... some are more disabled than others at least he can drive to the bowling alley.

there was a guy in SeaTac area that just bowled a legitament 300 game... totally blind left side only periferial on the right... i am just the opposite... but have enough vision in my right eye so that i see everything double. no more excuses for my bowling now.