General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Made a hard decision today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 PM

Made a hard decision today.

I haven't discussed the Isuzu truck much, as I visit here to read and chat about all things HHR. This truck had become increasingly troublesome in the last few months, forcing me to look into its premature replacement. One thing about my home life, is that I live on rural acreage, and must have a truck to tend to the needs of my animals. As this ended up being an unplanned vehicle purchase, I had to sacrifice my HHR to be able to afford replacing the truck with a new one.

So, my uber cool AA5 optioned half panel HHR has been traded off, along with the troublesome Isuzu I-280 truck for a Toyota Tacoma. I'll miss the HHR, and intend to replace it with a full panel HHR as soon as I can afford to do so. So, for now, I'll only be checking in on occasion until I have a replacement. I will seriously miss my HHR.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:26 PM

So, my uber cool AA5 optioned half panel HHR has been traded off, along with the troublesome Isuzu I-280 truck for a Toyota Tacoma. I'll miss the HHR, and intend to replace it with a full panel HHR as soon as I can afford to do so. So, for now, I'll only be checking in on occasion until I have a replacement. I will seriously miss my HHR.

Sorry to here this. Hope it works out for you, good luck!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:30 PM

You gotta do whatcha gotta do
Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 PM

The Tacoma will be a good truck. I was thoroughly impressed with it, when I drove it. I looked at a GMC Canyon that the dealer would not budge on, and it was a totally vinyl work truck that they were demanding $23k for, and was the only manual 4x4 to be found anywhere. A local Ford dealer had a nice incentive package on F150's, but only on trucks so expensive, I couldn't afford one even after the rebates. A Dodge dealer in Grapevine had $12k on the hood of their Ram trucks. When it came down to numbers, they started jacking around with them to basically take back all of the "money" they supposedly had to move them. This left me with Toyota, and due in no part to their spate of negative publicity, they were willing to move on price. I got mine $200 UNDER invoice.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 PM

Hope the rust factor doesn't get you with the Tacoma. I was a hard fast Toyota believer until I owned 2 in a row that had incessant chassis rust, regardless of care. I felt I was betrayed. They ran great though. Very reliable running gear wise. I was just concerned that they'd break in half due to frame rust, even though I concentrate on cleaning the chassis in winter. My S10 is still holding up after 8 years of the same care.

Good luck and I hope you have better luck than me with Toyota.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:53 PM

Just watch out for the gas pedal!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 PM

Thanx guys.

87 Silver, I don't live in the rust belt, so I won't have the same problem that is haunting you all up north. That said the rust problem with Toyota frames played a large part in why Toyota was one of the last trucks that I considered. I had even gone to the point of swapping the HHR over to primary service and letting the Isuzu become the secondary vehicle. The final straw came when the truck momentarily lost all power for a couple of seconds, only to slam back on full force with a wicked jolt a couple of days ago.

Crazycarkid, yeah, mine is a manual, and I was actually taught how to drive. The gas pedal will not be a worry for me.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
You gotta do whatcha gotta do
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Even though we all love our HHR's (if we didn't, there wouldn't be this awesome site dedicated to them ) at the end of the day, no matter what anyone says or does, it's still just a car
Old 03-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member

wolfman-

Good luck, (as mentioned) you gotta do what ya gotta do...

Wasn't there a recall for toyada trucks for rusting frames ?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:29 AM

That sucks!!! I would LOVE an AA5!!! Like everyone says, though.... Ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Hope the new truck works for ya!

http://www.toyotasimulator.com/

Don't be a stranger!! :)

Quick Reply: Made a hard decision today.