General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

making a few upgrades in the next few weels...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 01:07 AM

Care to share?

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Nope, aftermarket bought off ebay. I really like it because it has that stock feel to it.
the link with a fellow grille whor.....I mean collector?
Old 10-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Platinum Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...item563fad0b8a

Price has really dropped, was $129. fwiw, these do NOT come with mounting studs, supposed to use the oem studs & nuts from stock grille
Old 10-04-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
the link with a fellow grille whor.....I mean collector?
Originally Posted by sleeper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...item563fad0b8a

Price has really dropped, was $129. fwiw, these do NOT come with mounting studs, supposed to use the oem studs & nuts from stock grille
Paid $99 plus s/h for mine. Be very careful when putting the studs from the old grill on, mine broke off the mounting bracket first try. Quality on these are not high, you get what you pay for. It took a few weeks to work it out but the company I got mine from sent me a new grille. haven't asked for the other one back so I may put it on my wife's HHR. I'm goona just get some plain studs this time and use some "glue" to mount the studs for install.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 PM

$93.00 to the door for mine. My thought was to use new studs anyways - I didnt want to have to swap them out when I change.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:42 AM

Not off to a good start...

Took the car to CarX to have them weld a bung on, $35. Which doesn't sound bad, BUT, found out last night that the down pipe already had one!

So my tuner came out last night, that's how I found out about the bung, and he did a little data-logging and mainly checked out the tune that Bill Hahn did when he installed the turbo.

First off, Hahn was so secretive about what he was doing, I had no idea that the down pipe already had a bung built into it. Because of him refusing to ever give me any specific details about parts used/specs, I have no way of knowing what injectors were used when he changed them out.

The table for the different setting were WAY off. The guy doing my tune is surprised I didn't ruin the motor.

Let me give you a simple example...Hahn installed a catless down pipe without telling me until the work was completed. BUT, when he did the tune, he failed to disable any of the setting for the cat. So the computers keps checking for info from a cat that wasn't there and creating error codes!

I can't wait to get this done. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress and hopefully will be able to dyno it shortly after it's done.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:10 AM

I hope your tuner knows what he is doing. The ones that do are few and far between.

First, you HAVE to know which injectors are there, then have the proper data to put into multiple tables as a baseline.

There are a number of other issues that "wannabe" tuners overlook on the LE5 / E67 combo that, if not done right, will result in issues.

Good luck with it, Mike!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR
I hope your tuner knows what he is doing. The ones that do are few and far between.

First, you HAVE to know which injectors are there, then have the proper data to put into multiple tables as a baseline.

There are a number of other issues that "wannabe" tuners overlook on the LE5 / E67 combo that, if not done right, will result in issues.

Good luck with it, Mike!
Actually Joe, you know him. Just keeping his name out of things until all is done. I'm tired of all the Hahn drama and don't want it to start allover again.

I gotta feeling in this case, Hahn was one of the " "wannabe" tuners " that you warn about. This guy knows his stuff.