General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Malibu Center Caps

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:18 AM

Malibu Center Caps

I bought a set of aluminum Malibu wheels to run this winter on my HHR. They came without center caps. The wheel number is 9594225. Does anyone know what the number of the correct center cap is? The chrome wheels on my HHR are 9594345 and the chrome center cap is 9594812. The #812 will fit on it, but isn't flush and I would like it to fit correctly rather than lose one. Also is there a way to shut off the tire pressure display/warning while I have the winter tires on? The Malibu wheels didn't have the tire sensors and I didn't see it mentioned in the owners manual.

Firestone must think there tires are made of gold. Mine came with the Affinity 215/55/16. Last week I must have ran over something and punctured the sidewall. Every tire repair place won't touch it. Firestone wants $174 for a replacement tire. If it wasn't for the tire sensor, I would put a tube in it. The leak is so slow and close to the tread, I hate to toss it with less than 10K miles. I will be spending the winter looking for a new set for the "red toad". Thanks, Bear
Old 10-19-2010, 11:39 AM

So are your HHR center caps too big for the Mailbu? Or too small? I have an extra set of caps but will have to look and see if they are bigger or smaller than my HHR ones. The 'teeth' are the same, but the actual Bowtie part is a different size.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by zbear
Firestone must think there tires are made of gold. Mine came with the Affinity 215/55/16. Last week I must have ran over something and punctured the sidewall. Every tire repair place won't touch it. Firestone wants $174 for a replacement tire. If it wasn't for the tire sensor, I would put a tube in it. The leak is so slow and close to the tread, I hate to toss it with less than 10K miles. I will be spending the winter looking for a new set for the "red toad". Thanks, Bear
I had the same thing happen at the same mileage, mine was a roofing nail. Yea, Firestone is nuts with the cost of a replacement, lucky for me the roofing company had to pay for mine.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 PM

The caps seem to snap in ok, they just extend past the face of the wheel instead of being flush. I will see if i can attach a picture. Guess I can't figure out how to attach a picture. If you can send me an email to

jamesklaaren@yahoo.com

I will send you a picture

Thanks, Bear
Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 AM

As a followup, I ended up buying a set of center caps from a seller on ebay for $25 shipped. They "clicked" in OK, just protrude past the face of the wheel rather than flush like on my stock HHR wheel. I had bought a pair of 225/60/16 studded snows that I mounted on the front. They didn't look like they had ever been mounted. At the local swap meet I bought a set of 4 225/60/16 tires on old Mustang wheels for $80. Sold the wheels for $40, sold the worst pair of tire for $30=$10 for really good condition tires. Cost me $50 to have the tires mounted and balanced. Bottom line: $100 wheels + $25 center caps + $70 studded tires + $10 rear tires + $50 mounting = $255 winter tires and wheels. My chrome HHR wheel stay clean and shiny during Iowa winter. The only downside is the Malibu wheels don't have the air pressure sensors. I am guessing there isn't a way to shut off that function on the dah display until I replace the summer tires? The 225/60/16 fit close on the front strut tower but clear and are very, very close to the plastic inner fender well moulding. I will definately have to watch it this winter when the wheel wells fill with slush. I learned my lesson last winter when the wells filled with slush and froze over night. I could turns the wheels. Winter in Iowa sucks, Bear
Old 11-07-2010, 08:35 AM

Browsing & saw your thread. If it is a tubless wheel & tire, the sensor WILL fit in the new tire. Just find some one else to do your tire monting.And no, you can't shut off the light on the dash.