General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

More D@mn Drunks

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:56 PM

More D@mn Drunks

Another drunk responsible for taking a young life. I am sure this HHR driver was not a contributor to this forum http://www.pineconearchive.com/080905-1.htm

But let me say that if any of you drive while intoxicated you are a worthless piece of Sh*t that will eventually pay. All three of these idiots are going to jail for a very long time.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:28 AM

If I read that right, a 17 year-old girl was drunk, riding with two men, ages 26 and 27, who had just left a bar. There was more than just some drunk driving idiots in this story.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 AM

All I can say after reading that article is "Stupid, stupid, stupid".
Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by c2vette
All three of these idiots are going to jail for a very long time.
Probably not. Depending on their records, the drivers probably won't do very much time at all. The driver of the HHR will probably get probation or 90 days at the most, the driver of the truck will probably spend no more than a year or less in prison for vehicular manslaughter. The guy who helped tow the truck down the road will either get probation or 30 days.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Probably not. Depending on their records, the drivers probably won't do very much time at all. The driver of the HHR will probably get probation or 90 days at the most, the driver of the truck will probably spend no more than a year or less in prison for vehicular manslaughter. The guy who helped tow the truck down the road will either get probation or 30 days.
Sad part if your probably right. People wonder why they don't care about driving drunk. They know they will back to there normal crap with-in 3yrs.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Sad part if your probably right. People wonder why they don't care about driving drunk. They know they will back to there normal crap with-in 3yrs.
Three years? Try less than two months if you're on DWI #1 or #2. All you have to do around here is go to a state-mandated course on the dangers of driving while intoxicated, petition the DOR for a hardship license, pay $40 and voila, you're back on the road in no time!

I can have a client who's on DWI #3 back on the road in 120 days. That's a felony DWI, too. After that, yeah, you'll spend some time in the pokey.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 AM

I too have had it with these Mo&*$ Fu&#(@@ As*&&^#@ who murder people. I'm equally mad at the lawmakers, judges and attorneys, who continue to re-deposit these scumbags back out on the street in under a year.

Last October, my neighbor was coming home from church, when a drunk 17-year old girl crossed over the centerline and killed her. Of course the teen was barely injured, despite being ejected from her vehicle, which caught fire and burned. My neighbor was actually driving the bigger car. Go f$%5in figure...

Here. Here's what death looks like up real close; someone I once knew. Thank God, she didn't have any passengers with her, as they would certainly have been killed also.

And the ending of this story? The drunk got her case heard in Juvenile court, getting the manslaughter reduced from regular court, so she's good to go when she's 21. Meanwhile, my neighbor - a wife, a mother of a chronically ill kid - is still dead. Pissed? Damn right I'm pissed.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Seeburg220
I too have had it with these Mo&*$ Fu&#(@@ As*&&^#@ who murder people. I'm equally mad at the lawmakers, judges and attorneys, who continue to re-deposit these scumbags back out on the street in under a year.
Like I said before, you kill someone, your sentencing goes way up. However, reality is that the prisons are chock full 'o nuts and someone convicted of vehicular manslaughter is waaay more likely to be streeted in under a year.

With having DWI #3 back out in 120 days, that's after 120 days of prison with five more years of probation and a four year backup in prison. So if they screw up again, not only will they have to serve the four year backup, plus another seven years for DWI #4. That's if they DON'T kill someone.

I am sorry that you lost your friend to someone like that. My own extended family has been affected by that kind of loss and I lost a very dear friend and his mother to a drunk driver in high school. My job is just like every other defense attorney out there to give people an equal day in court. Nothing more, nothing less. We can only apply the laws that have been written and I find that most people who curse the courts have no problem begging for mercy when their time comes. That 17-year-old girl would not have been considered a juvenile in my state and she would have been placed in the adult women's prison.

The fact is that alcohol is the most heavily abused drug in America and we aren't willing to do anything about it. The fact that we get all up in arms when an American "icon" of beer is bought out by a foreign corporation speaks volumes about where our priorities are at in this country. Especially when if everyone would just go buy a car built by an American car company, we wouldn't need a fancy new universal healthcare plan.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Three years? Try less than two months if you're on DWI #1 or #2. All you have to do around here is go to a state-mandated course on the dangers of driving while intoxicated, petition the DOR for a hardship license, pay $40 and voila, you're back on the road in no time!

I can have a client who's on DWI #3 back on the road in 120 days. That's a felony DWI, too. After that, yeah, you'll spend some time in the pokey.
In IL its Usually 3yrs in order to get ur Driving status back. You also have to pay $1200 which isn't anything. You can get a Workers Permit in as little as 6 months. Im sure this isn't what most get but it would be nice.

If they would bring back Dam Death Role and actually Excute the Murder's etc. Maybe there would be room in Prison for more of these Moron's.