General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

More Damage(lots more)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 PM

Sorry about the tag.

I can't believe how many HHRs are getting tagged this year.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM

Feel your pain, my SS got hit on the 14th, I was parallel parked and was pulling away from the curb when a Monte Carlo SS decided to change lanes into me. Ripped half my front bumper off, damaged the headlight and headlight bracket, ripped the fog light from the housing, and busted the corner light. It is in the dealership body shop now getting fixed, but they had to order the bumper from Michigan, so I probably won't see it until mid-next week. Will likely go down as a no-fault and I will lose my deductible but at least it won't go on my record or raise my rates!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
ecl

Originally Posted by Sno White
Was the driver an outsider like one of those Cowboy Poetry Gathering attendees?
No he was mass transit driver. He was in his shuttle van, luckily he wasnt transporting any body. I now have to wait for my insurance to fight with them, and I guess they are a very hard company to deal with. Course what do you expect when its the mass transit authority for the state, around here it doesnt matter to them they always have the right away it seems. If they dont take responsible Ill then have to go through the courts to settle, hope that doesnt happen.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 PM

Good luck with that, hope everything gets sorted out and quickly.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Sorry to see the damage!

I really want to know what the heck is going on. I have never seen a web site where people of one make or model of a car gets hit so often. There have been so many here hit and at no fault of their own.

Sometimes I think Chevy should have named the car the Target!
I was thinking that too! Lots of fender benders lately... Making me a little concerned about driving now!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Platinum Member

Eli
That's really Bites, Hope it all works out for ya, maybe you can get that old dent on the door fixed as well..

Something is tweaked for the gas door not to be able to stay closed..Looking down the side from the rear looks like the rear door edge is poking out a bit as well..

Good Luck..
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by ecl
No he was mass transit driver. He was in his shuttle van, luckily he wasnt transporting any body. I now have to wait for my insurance to fight with them, and I guess they are a very hard company to deal with. Course what do you expect when its the mass transit authority for the state, around here it doesnt matter to them they always have the right away it seems. If they dont take responsible Ill then have to go through the courts to settle, hope that doesnt happen.
That's pretty bad when the a Mass Transit driver pulls out in front of you. I thought it was their job to transport passengers safely to their destination. I am a volunteer Wheelchair Bus Driver at the American Red Cross Transportation Department in Green Bay. I never take chances, I'd rather wait at an intersection for 10 minutes than get T-boned by another motorist. As a result, I've never been involved in an accident when driving for the Red Cross. Safety should be the #1 priority for everyone, but especially those who transport passengers as a service. Just my
Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 AM

On a side note, it kind looks like my HHR right now, except your damage is probably a little bit more severe. People must just spend so much time looking at our HHRs that they forgot to look at the road. Well, maybe.... Funny, it seems like once one person here on the forum has an accident, it's contagious and then everyone around here starts to have accidents for a while. Then it goes away for a while. That's how it seems anyway. Am I right?
Old 01-27-2011, 09:27 PM
ecl

Originally Posted by sleeper
Eli
That's really Bites, Hope it all works out for ya, maybe you can get that old dent on the door fixed as well..

Something is tweaked for the gas door not to be able to stay closed..Looking down the side from the rear looks like the rear door edge is poking out a bit as well..

Good Luck..
Im kinda hoping that that dent gets fixed that would be nice, and yeah that rear door is tweaked. I can get the gas door to close just not very well, theres a dent right before it and after it

I never take chances, I'd rather wait at an intersection for 10 minutes than get T-boned by another motorist.
He just didnt see me which is why he went supposably. Told the cop he saw a break in traffic and then got hit. How he missed seeing my I dont know considering I hit him right at the front door and fender line.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 PM

Some lady got me talking on her cell phone.

Year after that I backed into a pole and crunched the other rear quater panel.
So both rear quarters were replaced (at the same dealer)
They fixed it really good with new parts....Hope yours works out too.

P.S> I have a set of those rims too to put on my new 2nd HHR PANEL.

Name:  IMGP3014.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  61.9 KB