General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

More from GM

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 01:40 PM

Post More from GM

More economy news from GM. Not too good, and looks like it may effect everyone across the board.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081212/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_cuts
Old 12-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Just watched part of that on the news. The UAW wouldn't agree to a wage cut that would put them in line with the foreign makers.....
Old 12-12-2008, 04:30 PM

ROFL... The UAW isn't going to have a choice in this one.
Hell they will be on the sidelines just protecting the little if any they can.

The car companies are going to either say, work with us or you are all gone!
BTW we filed for Bankruptcy protection... so good luck getting any money from us.

That sounds harsh, but paying lower more reasonable salaries is the only way they will survive.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:23 PM

The UAW is doing to the big 3 what the steel workers union did around here....Since Mark Glyptis Has been head of the Independent steel workers union in this valley the steel industry has withered away...then President Bush whom I have supported screwed by saying his adminstration will make sure the big 3 get their 14billion loan after house republicans stopped it. The whole goal of House republicans was to get the UAW to the table to make concessions.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:25 PM

IMHO......... the cuts should be made with the upper FAT cats ceo and white shirts.......... then and only then......... think about the ones who do the hands on building......

I am sick of these FAT cats of every corporation, getting there severance pay and walking away......STOP that and that would help
Old 12-12-2008, 07:44 PM

If something doesn't happen soon we all will be feeling the results of the few senators who want the auto companies to go thru bancruptcy. michigan is near 10% unemployment now cant wait to see what happens next. I've been laid off now for a month straight but last 4 months work was hit and miss. not to offend anyone from alabama, kentucky or tennessee but your senators are the leading cause for not giving a LOAN to the car companies. My opinion is GM should close all plants around the country and bring the work back to michigan, plenty of vacant plants to use, only takes 2 years to set up for a new line. Then if those states dont want GM to survive close all dealerships in those states(mentioned above). all the people from alabama can the buy the cars that they produce in thier state ( Mercedes, Toyota or whatever foriegn maker is there.) Oh! they cant afford to purchase what they build because labor is cheaper.I am not a union employee nor do i work for the big three i just live in this state that will be vacant if the auto industry goes belly up.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:35 PM

Something that both surprises and annoys me is that our dealer could sell 20 Camaros, but has only been allocated 3, and the CTS/V Cadillac and ZR1 Corvette are in short supply. I realize the volume is not enough to save them on these 3 vehicles, but why not produce enough to meet demand?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:34 PM

thats good news for now. looks like the UAW doesnt want to dip into all those big bucks that they milked from the big 3. thats fine they were able to get tons of pay out of the car companies, but when its been milked for all its worth dont come crying for hand outs from tax payers. im so sick of the big 3. atleast ford is working on getting things right. i always have bought fords and this (08 HHR SS) was my first GM and now after this bail out plan goes through, and it will maybe not now but it will soon, the HHR will be the last UAW car i ever buy. ill still support the non union american workers, ill buy a toyota...
Old 12-12-2008, 09:50 PM

Yaaa, Good Old UAW!! Another reason why i stand behind by anti-Union Comments. Yes there was a time for the Union's however nowadays there worthless. Wonder if any one from UAW has figured out if the Big 3 Fail and Fall there going with. Heaven forbid if there workers make close to the same as those who work in America for Nissan,Toyota and the like.

Wonder how the Union will stand behind there unemployed workers?

Considering with the economy the way it is, every UAW member can be replaced within one month and do the same Job for half the pay.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:55 PM

and you are right on FORDS i am a service manager at a Ford Dealership and their quality is now is unbelievable...I have been there for a year and a half the first time I have ever seen an EDGE come in for any problems is now. And its only one.. But yeah I dont support the UAW I dont support Unions in general but I love GM and it is an American company and I am an American.I cant see my hard earned money go to profits over seas.