General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Motor Trend HHR Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
I read the whole thing - several contradictions in the article. As Lee mentioned, it was only roughly a 1/2-second slower in the 1/4-mile; yet labeled "sedate." they made another reference to poor handling - yet I'm certain the HHR rides smoother than any of the other cars tested.
And the article said that the HHR would have been more stable with bigger tires like all the other cars had (then perhaps it would have been fairer to have tested the HHR with 17 inch tires). In fact, the Caliber had 18's.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 AM

anybody see these?
http://release.theplatform.com/conte...erName=Unknown

Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 AM

I don't pay any attention to the atricles. I know my car is da sh** whether dey rec'nise or not
Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 PM

I could of been running problem free.... If it wasn't for them DEER..... and the rocker panels. but operational ... Yeppers I like it. They seem to be selling slow in this area, have only seen around 4 so far.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:37 PM

I have only had my HHR a little over 3 weeks now, but have had no major issues. It is my daily driver and today hit 1000 miles, I love this vehicle, actually look forward to going to work becouse it is about a 25 mile trip and I just get to drive. The ride is very nice and you have the added benefit of just being in a cool car. Have had a few radio pops but have not experienced any in the last 2 weeks and they were not as bad as some of the other members have had. We have had a lot of rain and also have had no problems with water leaks. I agree with everyone else that the people on this site who have these problems are a small percentage of total owners. Do not wish to see anyone have problems but they are to be expected and it is nice that they are reported on this site becouse then you will know what to look for especially if you have not purchased one yet.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:08 AM

As a second generation Motor Trend reader ( My dad passed down some MT’s from the Sixties ) I was very surprised at the group they placed the HHR in. The Mazda was one of the cars that I considered buying. After test driving The PT Cruiser, Mazda 3, Ford Focus, and HHR, all in base models. The HHR had the most standard features and was the cheapest monthly payment except the Ford Focus. The HHR was 25 a month more than the Focus. My point is that it was a Real stretch putting all these cars in a comparison. If you look at the cars I considered it was a stretch as well. It came down to ride, fit and finish, look and Price (Biggest one). In my own comparison the HHR hit the mark on each one these points. The chairman of the board (Wife) also approved.
As MT found even in the LA area they received looks. It is so much fun to have a ride that is out of the ordinary because lets face it life is ordinary with the 9 to 5 job.
My Two cents on the MT May issue.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:17 PM

I agree with SoCal.. these are isolated incidents you read about on here. I've had mine just over 11 weeks, have over 15K miles on it, I drive the heck out of it and have not had a single problem. I just rented one for my trip in Atlanta this week too. It had 15+K miles on it, a 1LT, 2.2 and you know people drive the heck out of rentals and this one road just as nice as mine at home. No noise, no water, no issues....

CBL
Old 04-19-2006, 01:19 PM

I have to agree with some of the others about the HHR. Mine has none of the quirks listed and is a blast to drive. Mine also has the 2.4L with manual tranny and it accellerates just about as good as my Focus does and it has a blower on it (the Focus).

The unfortunate thing here as in most forums, people only write about the bad. It's not that they're complaining really, instead it's because they want help and more info, and to find out if their issue is isolated or common.

You don't often see a post where someone writes in to say :My car is great and I have no problems or complaints". A post like this would probably not see much action as does a post about problems / concerns.

As for me, I love my HHR. It looks great (to me anyway), it drives and rides great, it's quiet (no wind or road noise), handles as well as most lowered cars without the aid of aftermarket shocks / dampers / struts, no paint problems, no poping radio, no unwanted noise through the radio spealers, and the list goes on. My only complaint is the new AC compressor can be heard, and I think I'm the only one that hears it. Everyone could hear the first one.

-Dan