General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My HHR is in transit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 01:48 PM

congrats be sure tp posts some pics when you get it.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:47 PM

Congrats on the good news. I ordered mine on Jan 26th and about two weeks ago I was told it's in transit, last week I was told it's somewhere here in Florida, yesterday I was told it's in Jacksonville, FL. But they still can't give me a delivery date. I'm only about 2 1/2 hours from where my new toy is sitting and I can't play with it yet.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:43 PM

Cant they let you go there and pick it up Dan-d
Old 03-15-2006, 05:46 PM

Glad your wait is almost finished...you will be a happy camper!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Cant they let you go there and pick it up Dan-d
I wish...

But all is OK. I was trading in my S-10, and while I'm waiting I sold the S-10 for 4k over what they offered me in trade. So my down payment will be that much more and the amount financed will also be much less. I just got the offer on the S-10 yesterday and he's paying me tomorrow so in this case, time was actually on my side.

all is good
Old 03-15-2006, 08:36 PM

I'm looking foward to see the mod's that you plan to do. I'm sure you will wow us like you did with your Focus.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I'm looking foward to see the mod's that you plan to do. I'm sure you will wow us like you did with your Focus.
Well it won't stay stock for very long since I've already got some of the stuff already, now I'm anxious to get started. I don't have any plans for power upgrades yet and I'm waiting for someone to come out with an SC kit. As you probably know from my Focus, I'm a big fan of SC's because I really like the way they apply power smoothly along the entire power band and they're real easy on an engines internals. I'll be the first to admit that you can get a whole lot more power out of a turbo but I can't say they do much for engine longivity because they apply the power so suddenly that most engines (unless built specifically for turbo) just go by-by quickly. And turbo's make some awsome noises...LOL
Old 03-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dan-d
And turbo's make some awsome noises...LOL
You dont like squeeeeeeeeeeel, chink, squeeeeeeeeeeeel, chink. If you think thats bad listen to a blown turbo sometime. This kid Tien that used to live across from me had a blown turbo on his Eclipse that he refused to replace. That made the most god awefull noise ever!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
You dont like squeeeeeeeeeeel, chink, squeeeeeeeeeeeel, chink. If you think thats bad listen to a blown turbo sometime. This kid Tien that used to live across from me had a blown turbo on his Eclipse that he refused to replace. That made the most god awefull noise ever!
Noooo, I actually LOVE the sounds that emit from a turbo and it's BOV. I just don't like the harm they do to a motor.

On FJ we had several members with turbos and several others (including me) with superchargers. Every one of the turbo'd cars have lost their motors or are on their way out now, but every one running a supercharger is still going strong. My focus now has over 80k on it and I installed the blower at 10k, so it's now been running with the blower for 70k+ trouble free miles. The motor in my focus is otherwise factory stock, some of the turbo cars have motors built specificaly for turbo use and have still failed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti turbo. After all it's not really the turbo's fault, the owners are to blame. They all seem to want to tweak a little more out of it and BOOM.....oops, I went too far...LoL
Old 03-18-2006, 09:12 PM

I ordered mine the same time and picked it up today. Nice getting the $3000 GmCard discount. I was already below invoice.

Quick Reply: My HHR is in transit!