General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

My review of Light in Sight

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 08:19 AM

Smile My review of Light in Sight

ACHTUNG! Full disclosure: I am in no way shape or form associated with the Light In Sight company. I'm simply a satisfied consumer sharing my thoughts on a product I recently purchased. If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize, but I could not find a more proper forum.
=================================

When I started looking for a new car a few months ago, I didn't even consider the HHR because of the low windshield. I'm 6'4" with a long torso and wide shoulders so I really had to distort my upper body to see if the light had turned green. I ended up getting a really good deal on an HHR anyway so I just decided to live with bending my neck, but I never really got used to contorting myself like a pelican every time I stopped at a light.

I made a post in this forum in an unrelated thread complaining about not being able to see overhead traffic lights, and a couple of guys, RatRodS and Oldblue, told me about this amazing product called Light in Sight, which can be purchased at LightInSight - Windshield Mounted Traffic Light Lens.

I've had it a little over a month. Website said 2-3 weeks but it arrived in 3 or 4 days. My name and address were handwritten on the envelope using an ink pen. I am a cynic, and I was more than a little skeptical that this little piece of floppy clear plastic would magically make it possible for me to be able to see overhead traffic lights without having to bend my neck like an ostrich. I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

If it happened to work at all, then great, and if it didn't work I could warn readers of this forum. It was well under $20 delivered so I rolled the dice and ordered it. I installed it in about 90 seconds one night before work, and by the time I got to work I had already formed an opinion.

This thing is terrific! It does exactly what it is advertised to do but does it much better than I ever would have expected for it to. Now I can lean back in my seat and relax and glance towards the top of the windshield and just wait until the light changes rather than to bend my upper body into grotesque shapes trying to see the light change.

I was afraid that it would be in the way, but I don't even notice that it's there unless I'm looking up at a light. The lights are visible from a range of angles. Installation was a breeze: wipe down windshield with water, press Light In Sight in place, and bleed the air bubbles out.

Thanks to RatRodS and Oldblue and the rest who recommended this product. I give it a 5 out of 5 star rating, and I'm not the kind of person to give out perfect reviews. Every HHR should have one of these, especially cars that belong to taller guys. I haven't had it very long and I'm nervously optimistic that it will prove to be durable, that it won't melt and warp in the hot summer, that it won't freeze and crack during the cold winter, and that it won't be ruined by the rapid temperature swings we can have in Oklahoma.

Again, the website is LightInSight - Windshield Mounted Traffic Light Lens.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Administrator

As Burton Cummings sang on Hand me down World, I got one already!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
As Burton Cummings sang on Hand me down World, I got one already!
ahhhhhhhhhh, you Canadians
btw good review think I will order me one
Old 02-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Premium Member

I've had mine for 2 years now and it's holding up fine
Old 02-10-2016, 11:11 AM

It's been some time since I last saw a post about these. I have one somewhere that I took off years ago when cleaning, never got around to putting it back.
Since moving a few months ago I have a problem stoplight I pass daily, I'll have to dig around. Thanks for the reminder.