General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

National Car Rental 2008 HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Banned

The only way we can turn our traction control off is by putting it in low gear. I'm hoping that someday we'll have some master electrician on here that will write a how to for wiring a traction control on/off switch. There is nothing quite like trying to get out into heavy traffic then having your wheels slip a little on dry ground so your traction control kick in and your brakes start locking up no matter how hard you press the gas pedal. I've almost got hit a few times because of the damn traction control.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:17 PM

Sorry!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 AM

Very Nice!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
The only way we can turn our traction control off is by putting it in low gear. I'm hoping that someday we'll have some master electrician on here that will write a how to for wiring a traction control on/off switch. There is nothing quite like trying to get out into heavy traffic then having your wheels slip a little on dry ground so your traction control kick in and your brakes start locking up no matter how hard you press the gas pedal. I've almost got hit a few times because of the damn traction control.
Don't think a switch would be possible with the HHR ECM. Each wheel has a speed sensor and those signals are used for a number of controls, like speed, cruise, anti-lock brakes and traction control. The traction control is activated by both spark advance reduction and throttle (ETC) reduction and controlled by the ECM.

Turning it off is a piece of cake with HPTuners, though.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 AM

traction control and other .....

hi all, I actually haven't bought my HHR yet, but in the process. It's very interesting reading all your posts (a real learning experience!) what do you all think of the auto window buttons, why on earth did they place them in the middle instead of the driver's door? seems very inconvenient, is it? I would wait for the 2008 models but I'm in love with the Golden Teal Metallic, just have to have it! Is this traction control a real problem? I live in middle tennessee and have some ocassional snow (a lot to me as I am a native floridian, just moved here in '04) Although I've already told my other half that in climate weather, I will be driving his dodge ram1500 (by the way, I have one too, but I will be selling it when I get my HHR, it only gets about 12-14 mpg OUCH!) any information is greatly appreciated! I'm actually hoping to make a deal by the weekend! keep up the great posts
Old 08-01-2007, 09:42 AM

Haven't had to use the T/C yet but will find out this winter I guess! Great choice on the color Windows are not that bad where they are...I've had Saturns so it was no biggie for me...you get use to anything over time

Oh

Goose
Old 08-01-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by muttsie
hi all, I actually haven't bought my HHR yet, but in the process. It's very interesting reading all your posts (a real learning experience!) what do you all think of the auto window buttons, why on earth did they place them in the middle instead of the driver's door? seems very inconvenient, is it? I would wait for the 2008 models but I'm in love with the Golden Teal Metallic, just have to have it! Is this traction control a real problem? I live in middle tennessee and have some ocassional snow (a lot to me as I am a native floridian, just moved here in '04) Although I've already told my other half that in climate weather, I will be driving his dodge ram1500 (by the way, I have one too, but I will be selling it when I get my HHR, it only gets about 12-14 mpg OUCH!) any information is greatly appreciated! I'm actually hoping to make a deal by the weekend! keep up the great posts
As you can see on the 2008 with the traction control, you now have a way to turn it off.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Welcome to the group...
Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 PM

hi all, I actually haven't bought my HHR yet, but in the process. It's very interesting reading all your posts (a real learning experience!) what do you all think of the auto window buttons, why on earth did they place them in the middle instead of the driver's door? seems very inconvenient, is it?
Various European cars have had electric window controls on the center console for many years. Not sure why, but perhaps some stylists think it results in a cleaner less cluttered look for interior door panels.

If you've had cars with the window switches located there before it seems perfectly normal. If you haven't, you get used to it soon. Not a problem at all really
Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 PM

I prefer the window switches on the center console, just not so far forward. It seems to be advantageous to have them where the passenger can control the rear windows too. Also they are less likely to get "rain" damaged there.

Quick Reply: National Car Rental 2008 HHR