General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

National G2G July 24-27 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by tcstoy
Hey Deb,

That would be a total blast. Had so much fun at the Boogie run that Val said she wouldn't miss this one. Would love to caravan to Branson with you and whoever else could make it.
I'm sure we can get a caravan going...those coming from the west that come thru Denver can hook up with me and we'll make our way towards you. Guess I need to make sure my route will go thru the Junction City area.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:58 PM

I'm a little late getting to this party, but am very interested.
'08 is my 20th anniversary year, and we WERE planning to do the http://www.Route66Fest.com thing in Springfield, in September. A very ambitious road trip which would also take me back to my home town nearby ... I'm really torn now. But, a caravan would be so much more fun than that old dusty Route66 drive alone. And we could stop at the Rt66 sights on the way back, since others might not be on our timeclock. So count me interested but wishing I could do both!!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
The room rate includes breakfast too!
Are you tring to say all I do is Eat,
Old 09-02-2007, 06:05 PM

Nah, but for some of us who like to eat a lot, it's definitely a good thing.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM

Thought it was time for an update........

We are locked in for July 24-27, 2008. Our special room rate will be $55 + tax!! And don't forget this includes a hot breakfast.

I've also begun to talk to the American Diabetes Association about making this a fund raiser. I've been thinking of a few ways to do this.......more will be revealed.

The name is shaping up, a few more days to vote!!

The code for the event room rate will be given in the registration packet. We are really pushing for pre-registration for this to hold as many rooms as possible and to make this event a success for HHR owners and for the charity.

I will welcome any/all help, questions, and suggestions!

Thanks all!
Mike
Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM

We are coming !!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:38 AM

Sounds good so far, Mike. The more I hear about all of this, the more amped up I'm getting - especially if we can make an extra positive out of it (the ADA fundraiser idea, for example, is great).
Old 09-16-2007, 12:59 AM

So...where do we stand on this now? I really think we need to set up a committe of some sort and get at least a couple members from each region to drum up sponsors and such. In order for us to pull this off, it's going to take all of us working together as a group and putting our all into making this a success.

While I realize that much of the stuff that needs to be done, is best handled on a local level, however, I do believe that we should have a committee in place to vote on decisions for their region. I suggest that each region nominate at least 2 people from their area or themselves to help in getting this all together.

Yes, no, maybe, drop dead, kiss my rear?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:05 AM

Sounds like a plan to me, Deb.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 AM

It sounds awesome I can't say yes yet but I'm thinking Hell yes!!! We were going to do the Route 66 road trip this July, but hit the Rendevous instaed and then hung out in L.A. visiting the family. I'd say I take two weeks off Hit the Dejavous Rendevous 08 chill with the fam for a week and head to Branson for a few days then follow Mitzkity around to all the good Route 66 sites on the way home I just wanna see the wigwam village and the Cadillac Ranch then I'm good to go back home.

Anyway sounds great and I'm planning on it!!

Quick Reply: National G2G July 24-27 2008