General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

National G2G July 24-27 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:15 AM

C'mon folks...this event is less than a year away now and we need to get things going. It is in the best interest of the entire HHR community to work together and get this rolling and get the rest of the regions involved in helping with plans, sponsorships, etc. I've already talked to my dealership and they are willing to participate once we've got some interest by more than just a few people showing them that this is more than just another Mid-Central region run with a National G2G name.

Let's all get off our butts and dig in and help make this a great National event.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 AM

Deb
I hope to attend by I am not sure at this time July is not a good month for me and my Employer, We have a lot of events at work in July.

Rudy
Old 09-16-2007, 12:22 PM

With the posts of late I thought it was time for an update.

We officially have a charity. We will be raising funds for the American Diabetes Association. This will be done in a few ways. A portion of every registration will go directly to the charity. 100% of vendor fees will go to the ADA. A small fee which will be charged to all sponsors who what their name on the shirt, $20, will go directly to ADA. We will have a silent auction; 100% of the money raised will go to the charity. The event will also have a on-site fund raiser for each show entrant.

I got the idea for the auction and fund raiser from a show for The Arthritis Foundation I went to in Peoria IL. The silent auction will be items which sponsors have donated.

The entrant fund raiser I think is pretty cool. The ADA will give a plaque/trophy to whichever entrant raises the most money for the charity. This can be done in anyway, anytime; it will just have to be turned in the day of the show. There will be a cup included in the goodie bags for on-site use.

A t-shirt design is being worked on right now and a domain has been purchased. This week I'll be checking on getting a non-profit status for the event and liability insurance. This will also include getting the event it's own checking account. This will insure that all finds spent/raised will be PUBLICLY accounted for.

We already have one sponsor who also wants to be a vendor. We also already have had someone book their room!!!( Yeehaw, redrider!! ) We have someone who is also donated goodie bags and some items for stuffing them, along with an award.

The success of this really depends on HHR owners. We'll be traveling to Branson next month for a few days to meet with the facility, convention bureau and the chamber of commerce. Registration packets should be available shorty after that.

And again, any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks all, Mike

Last edited by GDZHHR; 09-18-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

I would go but I can't get myself to go back to Branson.....as a tourist just yet.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:36 PM

For something that is still over 10 months away, I thought it sounded like it was coming together pretty well. Even if only 20 people show up, so what, make the most of it, so that more people WANT to attend the following year. Besides, there's a lot to do in Branson for you vacationers.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
For something that is still over 10 months away, I thought it sounded like it was coming together pretty well. Even if only 20 people show up, so what, make the most of it, so that more people WANT to attend the following year. Besides, there's a lot to do in Branson for you vacationers.
If you like to wake up, eat breakfast, fight traffic see a show fight traffic have lunch, fight traffic see a show,fight traffic have dinner fight traffic see a show.........and play miniature golf in between.....And fight the blue hair traffic through all of that in JULY...

Eureka Springs would be much nicer
Old 09-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
If you like to wake up, eat breakfast, fight traffic see a show fight traffic have lunch, fight traffic see a show,fight traffic have dinner fight traffic see a show.........and play miniature golf in between.....And fight the blue hair traffic through all of that in JULY...

Well, it's locked in for Branson, and you certainly didn't pipe up at the beginning of the conversation, so it's pointless to rain on everyone's parade now.

Props to Mike for getting this thing off the ground. Once my current mess of activity settles down I'll get around to pre-registering. I can barely keep track of what's going on this week let alone next summer!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Well, it's locked in for Branson, and you certainly didn't pipe up at the beginning of the conversation, so it's pointless to rain on everyone's parade now.

Props to Mike for getting this thing off the ground. Once my current mess of activity settles down I'll get around to pre-registering. I can barely keep track of what's going on this week let alone next summer!
Yeah you're right. You will have a great time.Shoji is a hoot.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 PM

Ain't been there in a while? If so, you need to go back and let a local show you around, there's tons to do, and never sit in traffic or see an old washed up country singer!
Old 09-18-2007, 02:06 AM

And fight the blue hair traffic through all of that in JULY...
Hey, leave me out of this!

Quick Reply: National G2G July 24-27 2008