General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

National G2G July 24-27 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigMOCats
Ain't been there in a while? If so, you need to go back and let a local show you around, there's tons to do, and never sit in traffic or see an old washed up country singer!
I have lived there at least three months a year for the past 9 years working in a show. I know Branson well. Very well. Stayed at Point Royal every time. Always left before July. Traffic was horrendous. Yeah one can hang out at Table Rock or go for a ride to Eureka Springs.

They just built the Branson Landing Conv Center to draw more people but the nearest airport of any size is an hour away in Springfield.

As far as "tons to do" If you play miniature golf there is. The Ozarks are beautiful no doubt. I just don't find Branson to be a part of that. I guess it depends on one's age though. The retirees sure do enjoy it.

I am sorry the last place I would want to drive is in Branson Missouri in July....

Just my opinion.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:52 AM

This looks like fun. Many of the further regions could put together groups (like the Hot Rod Power Tour if you are familiar with that). Meet in a central location for their area and carivan in a day or two before. HHR's need a national event and this looks like a good place to start. I would make the drive just to see all of the great custom work all of you have done.Make sure some of the more circulated magazines have the dates for possible coverage. Any thought of running an ad in these same magazines.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Thought I'd stop by and give a little update on this event.

Not much news really to report. The charity is being VERY uncooperative, meaning they are not responding to emails, phone calls or letters. I've gotten the impression that they want to take the donations and that be the extant of their involvement.

A Board of Directors has been chosen, 9 people plus Bonnie and I. we will be filing all of the paperwork this week for the not-for-profit status; putting the by-laws together and discussing the charity and the possibility of changing it. One which has been suggested is The Children's' Miracle Network. The are supposed to be very good to work with. If any of you know of a charity that is good to work with, please let us know.

Bonnie and I are going to Branson 10/19 & 20. Was hoping Vivid could go, he's on the board, but he's got other plans that week-end.

We're shooting for 200-250 HHR's. For now we have a block of 50 rooms but we will try to increase that to 100 while there. The room rate we were given is GREAT; $55 a night which includes a hot breakfast.

We'll be talking to the convention/tourism folks and the Chamber of Commerce to see what kinds of deals on attractions around Branson we can get.

That's it for now. If you have any questions/suggestions/ideas, please let us know!

Thanks, Mike
Old 10-08-2007, 05:33 PM

Maybe the Make a Wish Foundation. I have heard many good things about them . So if we make reservations for the Hotel what do we need to do?!?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Maybe the Make a Wish Foundation. I have heard many good things about them . So if we make reservations for the Hotel what do we need to do?!?
Good idea, I'll give that suggestion to the board too!

When you call the hotel just make sure you ask for the HHR car show. That should work for now, I'll work out the code word while there next week.

Ramada Resort and Conference Center
1700 W Hwy 76
Branson, MO 65616 United States of America
Phone: 417-334-1000

http://www.ramadabranson.com/amenities/
Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM

HHR G2G and Nascar

This might just work, Nascar is at Indy that weekend and its right on my route back home to PA from Branson:twothumbs
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by R CA HHR
It sounds awesome I can't say yes yet but I'm thinking Hell yes!!! We were going to do the Route 66 road trip this July, but hit the Rendevous instaed and then hung out in L.A. visiting the family. I'd say I take two weeks off Hit the Dejavous Rendevous 08 chill with the fam for a week and head to Branson for a few days then follow Mitzkity around to all the good Route 66 sites on the way home I just wanna see the wigwam village and the Cadillac Ranch then I'm good to go back home.

Anyway sounds great and I'm planning on it!!

Are you still looking into this possibility? We are debating - now it's down to Ireland or Branson...
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM

Hey Mike, did you ever work out a promotional code so we can reserve a room online...or do we have to make an actual phone call to do it. (EWE!)
I hate phones, and we are still on the fence, but even with a strong "if" I think we should make a reservation.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Hey Mike, did you ever work out a promotional code so we can reserve a room online...or do we have to make an actual phone call to do it. (EWE!)
I hate phones, and we are still on the fence, but even with a strong "if" I think we should make a reservation.
Here's all the info you need!

No code jusy say "HHR" and the doors to nirvana will open for you!

HHRitage Nationals, July 24-27, 2008
Branson, MO
Dick Clark's Area '57/Ramada Inn

http://www.ramadabranson.com/
http://www.dickclarksabbranson.com/

For room reservations call Veronica @ 1-800-641-4106

Room rate-$55 per night
Pet friendly
Show & Shine-Saturday
More details to follow!!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Here's all the info you need!

No code jusy say "HHR" and the doors to nirvana will open for you!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Just made my reservations.....

Now I will see what interest I can drum up in East Tennessee...(Chattanooga area)

Galladanb over in Gallatin (Nashville area) can probably drag central TN along...)

Dan ??? U there ???

Mike - If I can be any help let me know....never done a car show, but lots of experience with Goldwing Rallies.

Quick Reply: National G2G July 24-27 2008