General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: Would you attend a national g2g in Branson, MO?
Heck yes!!
23.91%
Yes
17.39%
Maybe
26.09%
Probably not
21.74%
No way!!
10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

National G2G in June 2008 Poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:51 PM

Mike
Aug is better for me, But if there is going to be One in June 2008 I will try and make it but I know this is only a Poll for now.

Rudy
Old 08-11-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by rcsart
One other thing, we may need to check with the Branson Chamber of Commerce as to what events are already scheduled for the area. We want to be sure there isn't a conflict that causes a lack of available hotels and or camp grounds.
Gonna start making calls this week!
Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I voted yes...but I think it should be just a little later in the summer...say mid-July.

You might also get more people to vote if their choice wasn't made public either. Guess I have never understood the need for showing how people voted. If they want others to know, they would post it in their response. There are 259 views and about 20 votes...could be why some aren't voting. JMHO
It looks like the last week of July will work best. The first week in august in Missouri is tax-free school supply shopping. Bonnie was in Branson last week and it was a madhouse!

BTW, if you check most polls, or even threads, you'll see that only about 10% posts to views. Just the way it goes.
Originally Posted by Z-Man
Mike
Aug is better for me, But if there is going to be One in June 2008 I will try and make it but I know this is only a Poll for now.

Rudy
Thanks for the input, it looks like later in the summer works for most. I don't want to get to much later because then we have to deal with school districts that start early.

So how about it......July 23-27, 2008?
Old 08-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Hey Mike, just let me know what I can do to help.

Curtis
Old 08-11-2007, 11:16 PM

Hey Mike, just let me know what I can do to help.

Curtis
I will.

I have a contact at Dick Clark's 50's Theater. I'm going to see if they'd want to host the event and what other help they can offer, then I'll contact the convention bureau.

Once we get a firm date, then the hard work starts. We'll need lots of help but I think we can pull this off.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Uma

Sorry Mike, I said probably not only because I am in So Cal, But I could use some of that old BBQ! Todd (Uma)
Old 08-12-2007, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Uma
Sorry Mike, I said probably not only because I am in So Cal, But I could use some of that old BBQ! Todd (Uma)
Todd; if it gets you to join us I will personally gaurantee you the best BBQ this side of the Missouri River!
Old 08-12-2007, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I voted yes...but I think it should be just a little later in the summer...say mid-July.
July sounds much better. I also got a "definate maybe" from my wife. Branson has always been a place she has wanted to go to.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:00 AM

One other thing, we may need to check with the Branson Chamber of Commerce as to what events are already scheduled for the area. We want to be sure there isn't a conflict that causes a lack of available hotels and or camp grounds.
That's always the best place to start as well as the most informative. According to the Branson Chamber of Commerce website there are no events yet planned for July 1 - Aug 1, 2008. I find that a little hard to believe but maybe. Here is the link for chamber of commerce Branson Chamber of Commerce which includes a nifty area to plan a group trip/meeting
Old 08-12-2007, 07:08 AM

If they offer this promo in 2008 it may help with some coming from further distances:

Gas Buster Summer Promotion

Visitor Information:

1. Save your gas receipts during your trip to Branson.
2. Arrive at one of the Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce & CVB Welcome Centers, located at Highways 65 and 248 or at Highways 65 and 160. Hours are from 8am to 5pm, Mondays through Saturdays and 10am to 4pm on Sundays.
3. Present a valid driver’s license along with your gas receipt or receipts dated within the previous two days of arrival. Visitors will get to keep their gas receipts. They will be marked by Welcome Center staff so they cannot be presented twice.
4. Total gas receipts for each visitor must equal $40 or more to receive a Gas Buster Discount Card. For every $40 in receipts presented, one $50 Gas Buster Discount Card will be issued.
5. Visitors will also get a list of participating Branson area Gas Buster sponsors.
6. Present your Gas Buster Discount Card at one of the participating sponsor businesses to receive great discounts.
7. The Welcome Center staff will explain the following terms and restrictions printed on the back of the Gas Buster Discount Card.

Gas Buster discounts are not valid with any other coupons, special offers or discounts; not available on pre-purchased tickets, lodging, attractions or meals. Offer valid only at participating Gas Buster sponsors. Sponsors have the right to further restrictions. The Gas Buster Summer Promotion runs from May 1 through October 31, 2007.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:50 AM

That's some good info Hillsdale...hopefully they will do that next summer. I know I can come up with $40 worth of receipts traveling from Denver.

Quick Reply: National G2G in June 2008 Poll