General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Need Help Locating an HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 07:48 AM

Need Help Locating an HHR

Does anyone here have access to a GM vehicle locator service?

I'm located in zip code 31088 and I'm looking for a 5-speed HHR, with gray interior. Everything else is give and take, including the color and options. (I'll be sure to add running boards if the car doesn't already have them).

My local dealership located an HHR optioned out the way I would like, but they told me they wouldn't honor my Supplier Discount on anything unless it was on their lot. MSRP or no deal is pretty much what they said.

Of course the dealership won't tell me where that particular car is located.

I've been all over the http://www.gmbuypower.com website, searching tons of dealerships across the state, and I've had little to no luck. I'm supposed to drive 2 hours North today to a dealership who has located a vehicle for me, and said they would honor my discount, but I really don't want to drive 2 hours North if the vehicle is only an hour South. Especially seeing as though I would have to make the trip twice. Once today to order the car, and again on Wednesday when the car would come in.

So my "musts" are a 5-speed with gray interior, 1LT or 2LT.
Would "prefer" 2.4L in Dark Silver Metallic.
Must not have On-Star.
Pretty much everything else is give and take.
Zip Code 31088
Willing to travel 300~ miles.

HELP PLEASE!!!! PM me with info if you can help me out.

Thanks!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:52 AM

chevrolet.com

http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicleloca...d=&subModelId=
Old 07-01-2006, 07:57 AM

Thanks, but I've already been that route. I've been doing that for 2 days now. Actually 3 days. I've searching nearly every dealer lot in the most common zip codes I know of, all across the state, and actually out of state.

The dealerships have a program that will actually search a database. The just plug in the most wanted options, and "presto", they've located it in about 10 seconds.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:42 AM

I don't know what part of GA you are from, and I don't know if this helps much but there is a 5-speed Black HHR at Serra Chevrolet in Birmingham AL. Their phone number is 205-853-2906, the last six digits of the VIN are 67350. Also in Franklin TN, there is a Daytona Blue 5-speed at Walker Chevrolet. Phone number is 615-591-6000 last six digits of the VIN are 675480.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:54 AM

According to his zip code he is in Warner Robins GA, which is about 100 miles south of Atlanta.

The first dealer in Birmingham, AL is 246.22 miles miles from there.

The second dealer in Franklin, TN is 353.12 miles from there.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:58 AM

Try Vehix.com

I did a search on Vehix.com for your zip code. Found 104 HHR's within 200 miles of you. One of them might match what you're looking for.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by EZ4U2CHere

My local dealership located an HHR optioned out the way I would like, but they told me they wouldn't honor my Supplier Discount on anything unless it was on their lot. MSRP or no deal is pretty much what they said.

Of course the dealership won't tell me where that particular car is located.

The first one sucks, I guess they can do that if they like....but it still sucks.

Now the second one really Sucks Big Time ( post dealers name so we know who they are ), if you don't find one by monday call Chevy Customer Service and complain strongly about this. GM is going out of there way to help these dealers sell these cars and you have some dealers playing games, they need to have someone at GM give them a call and put there feet to the fire.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the help guys and girls. I'm so excited!!! I finally found one about 120 miles away that fits my needs. Not exactly what "I" wanted, but pretty darn close and the wife loved it as soon as she saw it, and after all, it's going to be her car.

So now we're proud new owners of an '06 HHR. Pics will come tomorrow!!!!

BTW: My wife reset the fuel monitor before we left the dealership and she managed 31.8 mpg on the drive home doing between 75 and 83~ the whole trip home. Not too shabby!!! I just hope it stays like that.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53
The first one sucks, I guess they can do that if they like....but it still sucks.

Now the second one really Sucks Big Time ( post dealers name so we know who they are ), if you don't find one by monday call Chevy Customer Service and complain strongly about this. GM is going out of there way to help these dealers sell these cars and you have some dealers playing games, they need to have someone at GM give them a call and put there feet to the fire.
I was soooooo pissed at that sales manager and his arrogance. He just grabbed the papers, shuffled them to a folder, and said "Sorry, I'm not going to go find you a vehicle and not make any money on it. MSRP or no deal". What a jerk!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by EZ4U2CHere
I was soooooo pissed at that sales manager and his arrogance. He just grabbed the papers, shuffled them to a folder, and said "Sorry, I'm not going to go find you a vehicle and not make any money on it. MSRP or no deal". What a jerk!!!
Glad to hear you found one :twothumbs , even though you finally got one please think about calling Chevy Customer Service about this dealer...Chevy/GM need to know about dealers like this . Anyways, congrats.