General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Need Help Locating an HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

Hi EZ...

Hey you're right....the dealer is a "smuck" (can I say that Sindy). But, HE wanted the in-house sale, so he's not going to tell you anything (by the way, he still would have made money on the Supplier sale). But, again, he is an A$$.

And remember, DEALERS ARE NOT OWNED OR MANAGED BY GM CORPORATION. They are separate entities owned by individuals or partnerships, that GM, or for that matter any manufacturer, has very little control over. The dealers' only basic obligation, by contract, is to buy, re-sell and service the product. That is why I mentioned the dealers organization in the previous post.

I have purchased 32 GM vehicles since begining my work history with them (6-7 before that). Almost all of those vehicle were purchased through some type of dealer contact. With 1 exception (that sales rep. is now dead) all of the dealers have "sucked". I will reserve an opinion on my current rep., he does look promising, however.

Hey, listen..enjoy your HHR and forget what you can't change. Just give the "jerk" NO business and NO references.

Off topic......A friend of mine, here in Arizona, has a personized plate "EZ2C". The vehicle, a custom mini Blazer, is a custom mix candy orange (he's in the paint/custom business).
Old 07-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nfboy
While you may be correct in your assertions, if a customer feels that they have been wronged by a dealer for whatever the reason, the customer should always complain, not only to the dealer, but to the manufacturer. A car dealer, while an independent business, is representing the manufacturer by selling their product and the manufacturer needs to be aware of dealer issues since people often do not separate the dealer from the manufacturer. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
And, you are right also...at least partially.

For some of my career at GM, I worked with a Quality Assessment team. By experience, the only influence that GM had with the dealers would be in the dealers failure to repair...either warranty or non warranty.

The Customer Care Centers will listen to your grievance, document it and send it through proper "channels". But when it is based on a "non issue" outside the realm of the Center, they are just forwarded to the respective dealers with no, or very little, comment.

But, by all means complain, if it makes you feel good.....just don't let it become a emotional campaign. Life is to short.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

Oh, I also forgot to say....

That is one of GM's biggest problems. Unfortunately, consumers do associate how they're treated by the dealer with the Corporation.

Even though the cost is vastly different.....buy a Cadillac from a dealer and buy a Lexus from a dealer. The difference in how you're treated is as different as "night and day".