General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Need help resetting radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 09:36 AM

Need help resetting radio

After jump starting my battery, neither the radio or the theft deterrent system is operating. I have removed the fuse for the radio for over 5 minutes to see if that would replenish power but to no avail. I replaced the fuse and still to no avail. Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by turnerdr
After jump starting my battery, neither the radio or the theft deterrent system is operating. I have removed the fuse for the radio for over 5 minutes to see if that would replenish power but to no avail. I replaced the fuse and still to no avail. Any suggestions?
It is recommended and written in the owner's handbook to shut all electrical accessories off especially the radio when boosting from another battery source. Turn on the ignition (key) only after connection is made. I would power-down everything for a few minutes by disconnecting the battery ground strap (trunk). Power back up again and see what happens. Radio pre-sets will be lost and will have to be re-set and DIC settings may go into default requiring your personal selections again. When re-connecting the battery ground strap to the battery post do NOT let it "toggle" but make one direct connection.

John