General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 AM

Need some help

I took my hhr to a shop to have coil overs installed and to have it tuned. I get the car back and he tells me they added wheel spacers I drive it home and my wheel falls off going about 45 mph. The guy gets my car towed 2 days later has it for a week he has the body work done and tells me he fixed the wheelstuds calls me to pick it up.I get there and the lugs are still only are on one turn. I take the car to a tire shop and they say it's not safe I had to pay 200 to fix it,now my car misses and backfires.i asked them to fix the problem and he said to wait a few weeks so I ask for a refund for the coil over labor and the tune he said no, what can I do I payed cash so can't just dispute the charge.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Founding Member

Small claims court. Keep as much evidence as possible. Time lines are helpful too. No lawyers needed. Just time. Report them to the BBB if they are a member, if not don't bother.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Administrator

All that is shiney is not gold, cavet emptor , are to things that spring to mind, small claims court or write it off to experience in life and be morre diligent in research beforre the next interaction. coil overs and wheel spacers, I can't see where that would make it ok for the guy to not torque the lug nuts? Go after that money in court!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:32 PM

If they only installed the coil overs why would wheel spacers be necessary? It sounds as though your stock wheel studs were not long enough after the spacers were installed! As far as any legal avenues I'll leave that to 843de !
Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mrs. DLVRNIT
If they only installed the coil overs why would wheel spacers be necessary? It sounds as though your stock wheel studs were not long enough after the spacers were installed! As far as any legal avenues I'll leave that to 843de !
X 2, I'd be snapping pics of EVERYTHIHNG with dates on the pics as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 PM

Yah thanks all I have pics and such just want to know If I can sue for work done wrong
Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Premium Member

I have spacers to run the solstice wheels, H&R's (thanks 843) they ran me 200. 00, and another 200.00 to have a speed shop install the new longer studs, have had them a couple rotations, check the tourque weekly, never a loose lug, so far. If you have a laptop, you can install your own tune, and change it if necessary, With Vince, he wont leave you hanging, I have something wrong with my car, (one of these days it will throw the damn code ) anyway, Vince has done 6 or seven updates for me trying to tune around the problem, I still have a little studder, sometimes, but Mr. Vince has gone the extra mile to help me. He actually has a hhrSS in the garage. SSdivin, which wheels, with what offset are you running, that you need spacers ?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:03 PM

I have had a trifecta tune before I did the turbo swap I think I might have him make me one again, I have some 20/8 wheels that's the reason for the spacers they hit the coil over
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Premium Member

The studs, I used were direct replacements got them at pepboys, the instructions with the spacers call for at least six turns of threads. Mine were easy but they were only 15mm, and the replacement studs were 1/2" longer. What turbo did you plug in ?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Deceased

Yes you can sue in small claims court ssdivin, having photos is helpful as well as notes, dates, and all your receipts.

I would also contact the office of the Attorney General and file a report with them, you can also report them to the local BBB and chamber of commerce.

Here's a link explaining how to commence a small claims suit in the Texas Justice Of The Peace Courts......

http://www.jp.hctx.net/civil/filing.htm

Before filing make sure to check and double check all of your information, notes, photographs, and other paperwork. Accuracy is important because you are swearing out the claim under oath.