General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

new here few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by prod
Other than this forum you mean?
I like the extra room and value for money. A small well optioned SUV with the price and fuel economy of a car. I looked at getting a Cobalt, but that tiny trunk opening gave me reason to look at something else.
Ill admit the styling had to grow on me a bit though, but now I love it. If you are the type that likes to accessorize or modify vehicles, there are so many more ways to go with the HHR than most other vehicles.

Im sorry to hear the Cobalt didnt work out, could you give more details on the problems? You should be aware that the HHR is basically a Cobalt wagon, and shares a lot of the parts, so if you want to stay away from Cobalts for a particular reason, make sure it isnt common to the HHR.

EDIT: also when I measured the back for a cargo mat, I got 31 inches wide, 37 inches to the back seat, and the door is 25-26 inches high with the headliner being an inch or two higher than that.
It has some weird suspencion noice every time I pass through a bump stop or irregular streets, and here in PR is every day all the way home, aslo I have take it to the dealership for repair 7 times now, the problem is in PR there is no Lemon law {I have a base balt and well my other friends with their SS and SS/SC dont have this problem}
Old 04-14-2008, 09:55 AM

Welcome To The Site !
Old 04-14-2008, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Belto
It has some weird suspencion noice every time I pass through a bump stop or irregular streets, and here in PR is every day all the way home, aslo I have take it to the dealership for repair 7 times now, the problem is in PR there is no Lemon law {I have a base balt and well my other friends with their SS and SS/SC dont have this problem}
Is that the one that sounds like the front end is loose, kind of a soft bump/knock at slower speeds? Many here have had the same problem with the HHR, myself included. Just starting to notice it on my 3 month old '08. I also had it on 2 cavaliers and a malibu. Very common to GMs Im sorry to say. Good luck though.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:25 AM

I bought my daughter a new 07 LT2 Cobolt in September, she loves it and it gets better mileage than my HHR... but with that said, My HHR is the greatest for hauling my PA system and all my attachments for High School Ball games, and Car show DJ. I almost bought a panel then decided to go with the 4 door so that i could have a back seat so i could if needed take people. We just took a trip to St Louis and took my mom ( who is 75) and she was impressed "what a great ride in this little car" ...Ms Deb (wife) loved it during Christmas getting in and out of parking spaces and parking lots. and easy access to putting packages in it and out.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Is that the one that sounds like the front end is loose, kind of a soft bump/knock at slower speeds? Many here have had the same problem with the HHR, myself included. Just starting to notice it on my 3 month old '08. I also had it on 2 cavaliers and a malibu. Very common to GMs Im sorry to say. Good luck though.
is not necessarily at slower speed, but when there is irregular road or speed bumps,, it sounds kinda like this: "BLOAK" literally and is when the car is decompressing the struts... at least thats when I hear it..
Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Belto
it sounds kinda like this: "BLOAK" literally and is when the car is decompressing the struts... at least thats when I hear it..
sorry..."Bloak" great sound effects, I can almost hear it
Old 04-15-2008, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by saltyfishguy
sorry..."Bloak" great sound effects, I can almost hear it
it really sounds just like that...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:09 PM

ok went to check out an HHR at the dealer, and here in PR, the base hhr is 22k.. thats too much for me,, Im trying to make a deal but my balt isnt worth that much...