General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 01:32 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Docwylie
After four years and 82,000 relatively trouble-free miles, I found it too hard to resist the military discount and other incentives GM's been pusing and so have decided to retire former "Featured HHR of the Month" TROPICAR. On Monday, I'll take delivery of a new HHR Panel in Arctic White that will be a bit more utilitarian than the SOM 1LT that has served me well. The HHR is far from the perfect vehicle ... but doggone it, I still love the retro styling and wanted to get a new one before they go away for good... and I just had to have a panel!

Now I just gotta decide how I want to jazz up my new baby.
Panel - this is cool. I wanted to buy a HHR panel, but ... Features and difficulties of getting the car through the ocean.
If I correctly understand you with my terrible English, you're asking advice on decorating your "new baby"? Make it two-tone. Add a couple of modest (not flashy), nickel-plated moldings on the sides. Replace regular grill & wheells. Be stylish.

P.S. If I do not understand you correctly - sorry
Old 11-16-2010, 01:36 AM
geg

... I found it too hard to resist the military discount ...
what it is - a military discount? If not hard to tell ..
How much? How often? What can you buy?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by geg
Panel - this is cool. I wanted to buy a HHR panel, but ... Features and difficulties of getting the car through the ocean.
If I correctly understand you with my terrible English, you're asking advice on decorating your "new baby"? Make it two-tone. Add a couple of modest (not flashy), nickel-plated moldings on the sides. Replace regular grill & wheells. Be stylish.

P.S. If I do not understand you correctly - sorry
You understand quite well, and your suggestions are pretty much along the lines I was thinking! The exception may be the two-tone paint job. On a retiree's fixed income that may be a bit pricey.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by geg
what it is - a military discount? If not hard to tell ..
How much? How often? What can you buy?
Just GM's way of offering a price break to us tired old veterans!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:27 AM
geg

On a retiree's fixed income that may be a bit pricey.
this is really a problem.
I painted my Swift in two tones after the accident. Car damaged muzzle. Repairing and painting with no options. Why not do something that has long planned?
Added a bit of money and ordered a painting of additional body parts. Wholesale purchase - always cheaper. Besides, I turned to the repair shop of my good friend. Repair shop is located far outside the city. In the repair shop working Muslims - illegal immigrants. All these factors are very reduced price. As a result, the circular painting of the car and repair / replacement of broken panels totaled 65,000 rubles (2,200 dollars).
For comparison - the same job in the repair shop the dealer would have cost not less than 120 000 rubles (4000 dollars). And that - as for the exclusive client. Man Who Came in from the street pays more.
I am not aware of the practice of pricing in the U.S.. But perhaps my experience is useful to you.
If you have no friends - auto mechanics, such friends are at your friends.
Talk to the police operatives. They are "under the hood" a lot of semi-legal garages. Hijackers - great masters and works quickly. In our area say: what's good for the Russian, then death for the Germans. The term "Germans" in this case refer to all foreigners. Therefore, if this advice is suitable for law-abiding citizen.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member

No offense to geg, but reading these posts sounds like a script to some 50's Cold War spy thriller.LOL. Anybody else get a chuckle out of this?
Again,no offense meant. Two cultures,two languages--such a difference.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
No offense to geg, but reading these posts sounds like a script to some 50's Cold War spy thriller.LOL. Anybody else get a chuckle out of this?
I'm still wondering how the simple news of my new car took this exciting turn! Anyway...I'm looking for my local police operatives, but as a person of German extraction they may be looking for me first!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member

I'm still wondering how the simple news of my new car took this exciting turn!
lol:
Well it's a Panel, so you have to expect more attention !!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:07 AM
geg

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Of course, I'm not offended. You're absolutely right. Life is life, as they say.
What happened in Chicago in 50 years - for you only a Hollywood script. In Ekaterinburg 10 years ago you could go to the bakery and did not return home because it was a random bullet in the stomach.
No reason for pride. To the real law-based society we are very far away.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:11 AM
geg

I'm still wondering how the simple news of my new car took this exciting turn! Anyway...I'm looking for my local police operatives, but as a person of German extraction they may be looking for me first!
Shall you German?
how interesting is developing our communication