General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 04:08 PM

Old 11-18-2010, 05:05 PM

Doc, being you live on the west side of N.Y. Do you have to register the panel as commercial? I wanted to buy one, and I live on Long Island, and that's the only way I could do it. It stinks, I really like the look of the panel too.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR
Doc, being you live on the west side of N.Y. Do you have to register the panel as commercial? I wanted to buy one, and I live on Long Island, and that's the only way I could do it. It stinks, I really like the look of the panel too.
By WNY, I mean the extreme western part of the state (Buffalo/Rochester area). That evidently isn't an issue here. I just transferred the plates from the old HHR to the new one as a passenger vehicle. It never occurred to me that I might have to register it as a commercial.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:58 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Docwylie
Sheesh! A guy doesn't post anything for a couple years and nobody trusts him anymore! OK... here's the one I hurredly snapped and posted on FaceBook monday night. I've been wrapping up my final week of work before RETIRING tomorrow, and with crappy weather haven't tried to do any others. If the weather is sunny on saturday I will be taking some better pics that will more than reveal the impending new theme for the panel. It will not be "Tropicar II"... the possible name for this one may be "Traveller". and that's all I'm sayin' for now.

Looking Good "Doc" I'll be following along.. Especially since you know about the "Cones of Silence"... Old Agent 86 & 99 LOL

Also a BIG Congrats on your retirement as well !!!!! Very Cool..

I'd say you have been officially inducted to the exclusive Panel club

Welcome Aboard !!! & Enjoy the New Panel, & retirement..
Old 11-19-2010, 04:27 PM

By WNY, I mean the extreme western part of the state (Buffalo/Rochester area). That evidently isn't an issue here. I just transferred the plates from the old HHR to the new one as a passenger vehicle. It never occurred to me that I might have to register it as a commercial.
I did checked your link and saw you lived in the Buffalo area. I guess that being I live in a metro area close to NYC. New York DMV is different. I still had to have my emmision system working on my 83 Monte Carlo until it was 25 yrs. old, then it was just a safty inspection. I understand if I lived outside the metro area there was only a safty inspection but no emmisions for any year car in NYS.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Looking Good "Doc" I'll be following along.. Especially since you know about the "Cones of Silence"... Old Agent 86 & 99 LOL

Also a BIG Congrats on your retirement as well !!!!! Very Cool..

I'd say you have been officially inducted to the exclusive Panel club

Welcome Aboard !!! & Enjoy the New Panel, & retirement..
I never really thought of it before..but yeah, the panel is definitely a different breed. It's great to be a PANELIST!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

I never really thought of it before..but yeah, the panel is definitely a different breed. It's great to be a PANELIST!
Yes it is
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Deceased

Congrats on the new ride Doc, very nice, really like the panels in white. According to my dealer, the 2LT I have on order will be here the week after Thanksgiving(not a panel, please stop your booing).
Old 11-20-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
Congrats on the new ride Doc, very nice, really like the panels in white. According to my dealer, the 2LT I have on order will be here the week after Thanksgiving(not a panel, please stop your booing).
Thanks! Have no fear... booing will not come from me. As the former proud owner of a "regular" HHR,, which served me very well, my philosphy is that there's room in our collective garage for every type of HHR!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:44 PM

Here's a little better pic taken today in daylight (posted in the Panel pics thread as well). My new baby is named "Traveller" in honor of the famous horse of the same name who served Robert Edward Lee well 150 years ago.