General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New HHR model coming...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzly old man
I don't know,... the Mustang, Camaro, and Charger came back 'new and improved' after being dead for a while.
The Mustang has never been dead. Unless you are referring to the retro styling that started in the 2005 model year. The Charger was gone but did not come back with retro styling. The Challenger, on the other hand, came back with the best retro styling of the 3 IMHO.

As for this Encore vehicle, it is interesting that the only engine option for it is the 1.4l non-DI turbo engine. The thing is just shy of 3200# if I read the spec correctly. That engine is less potent than the 2.2l na with similar MPG. I wonder why GM did not go with direct injection in that engine as well. I wonder if it may be to keep production cost down for that engine but I have no idea if there is even a difference in cost between DI and MPI.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by cameraguy1
If they ever build another one, there are some design changes needed. Just a few tweaks of larger windows, and a little more room inside. :
this is good point!
BIG hhr- heritage fullsize suburban; just add 10" to wheelbase and make it a
4x4 with rear wheel drive... yes would looove to see that!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:20 AM

I just don't see the HHR as iconic. A big HHR? Well, that wouldn't really be an HHR, would it? And since they still make Suburbans, a concurent heritage version is a rather strange notion.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:33 AM

My first Mustang was a '69 Mach One with the 428 Super Cobra jet, functional ram air and a 4 speed transmission. I spent a small fortune trying to make an already scary fast car go faster. The next was a '66 notch back with the 144 straight six and a three speed, the next was a '70 fastback with a 302 automatic {it was more of a Rustang than Mustang}, and the last was a '90 convertible with the 5.0 {302} multiport fuel injected V8 air, tilt, cruise, leather seats and premium sound system.

I did not care much for any of the Mustang bodies from about '74 until they started with the retro look ones that looked more like the '69 again but I would still kinda like to have a '76 fastback with the 302 and 6 speed transmission.

That was the only one of the 'small' mustangs I really liked.

Having one is just a pipe dream for me these days, guess I'll go buy a lotto ticket,...
Old 10-18-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzly old man
My first Mustang was a '69 Mach One with the 428 Super Cobra jet, functional ram air and a 4 speed transmission. I spent a small fortune trying to make an already scary fast car go faster. The next was a '66 notch back with the 144 straight six and a three speed, the next was a '70 fastback with a 302 automatic {it was more of a Rustang than Mustang}, and the last was a '90 convertible with the 5.0 {302} multiport fuel injected V8 air, tilt, cruise, leather seats and premium sound system.

I did not care much for any of the Mustang bodies from about '74 until they started with the retro look ones that looked more like the '69 again but I would still kinda like to have a '76 fastback with the 302 and 6 speed transmission.

That was the only one of the 'small' mustangs I really liked.

Having one is just a pipe dream for me these days, guess I'll go buy a lotto ticket,...
I tend to block out the mid-late 70's Mustangs myself lol.

My parents bought me my first car in the form of a 79 Capri (for others reading this the Capri at that time was the sister of the Stang like the Firebird was for the Camaro) 4 cyl that had more aluminum foil and duct tape than engine. They put new rims and tires on it and gave it a brand new paint job but left the engine the way it was in hopes that I would learn to work on it. I refused to work on that car though. Over the years I have had a mildly modded 65, a stock 68 vert, a 89 LX get me from point a to b car, and then an 01 GT.

The 05 body does not do it for me so much bit the 11 or was it 10 and up look pretty nice with there subtle changes from the 05 gen.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Arm rests? Mine didn't come with them so they don't get in the way.
Now, if you put the cupholders in front of my 5 speed shifter, that would just not work.
That is a good point! I have the auto unfortunately, didnt think of that aspect... Your car didnt come with arm rests?!, thought they were standard... friggin odd lol
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Arm rests? Mine didn't come with them so they don't get in the way.
Now, if you put the cupholders in front of my 5 speed shifter, that would just not work.
Mine either. Oddly, my son's Cobalt is a fiver like my HHR SS, but he has a factory arm rest/compartment between the seats. And it ALWAYS gets in the way when shifting, especially during "spirited" driving. You find yourself constantly lifting and lowering the darn thing. Something like this comes down to a performance or luxury detail. Maybe GM went the performance route with the HHR SS.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 87silver
Mine either. Oddly, my son's Cobalt is a fiver like my HHR SS, but he has a factory arm rest/compartment between the seats. And it ALWAYS gets in the way when shifting, especially during "spirited" driving. You find yourself constantly lifting and lowering the darn thing. Something like this comes down to a performance or luxury detail. Maybe GM went the performance route with the HHR SS.
Not sure, but I think it may have something to do with the year model. Mine being a 2010, I know that no 5 speeds had the arm rests. Maybe it was just on some of the earlier year models.