General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New HHR owner and first post

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cwalker
Checked my fuse box and found most of the fuses and relays loose. What's up with that? I guess since it's still happening they haven't come up with a permanent fix yet?
There is no fuse issue. Just rumor and conjecture that's churned back up every time someone new finds SoCal's old "loose fuse" thread.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 PM

Welcome and you picked a nice color!!!! Post some pics in the gallery.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:56 PM

Love your SBOM!! Welcome to a group where you will find friends, info, and massive numbers of HHR lovers. HAVE AT IT --- we want photos, your life history, your mother's maiden name...Just kidding, LOL.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:24 AM

hhrcrafty, Both my hhrs('06 2LT,'08 SS) fuse blocks needed attention. All fuses in both vehicles WERE loose not pressed in all the way. The vendor that supplied GM had some troubles with the pressure on installing the fuses. This is not a fable. I'm not trying to get into a whining session here...just stating facts. Still better safe than sorry.(ie-hitting a bump and jarring a fuse loose.)
Still enjoy the ride everyone:twothumbs
Old 05-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Talking Anxiously Waiting...

I just came back from the dealer putting a down deposit on my HHR. I can hardly wait for it to get here... so much to look forward to. I gotta an '08 2LT, Black on Black Ebony Leather w/chrome package, sunroof, roof rails. My lil broham got me lookin into the retro market and came nice with a PT cruiser so the Big Broham had to come bigger and better! My 1st mods up to bat... Tint, 20in Diablo Wishbones and Excelon DNX 8120. Contemplating other mods but need to check on warranty. Would love a billeted 3 bar w/black bowtie and honeycomb background... anyone to point me in the right direction? Stock pics to come soon, then 1st mods...

sidenote... anyone tried putting a ps3 with HD screens yet?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:08 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Digital_Rapture
Would love a billeted 3 bar w/black bowtie and honeycomb background... anyone to point me in the right direction?
Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 10
Size:  38.2 KB

So far, all 3 bar grills are custom made.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the insight bro... Guess I'll be looking for the local shops...
Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
hhrcrafty, Both my hhrs('06 2LT,'08 SS) fuse blocks needed attention. All fuses in both vehicles WERE loose not pressed in all the way. The vendor that supplied GM had some troubles with the pressure on installing the fuses. This is not a fable. I'm not trying to get into a whining session here...just stating facts. Still better safe than sorry.(ie-hitting a bump and jarring a fuse loose.)
Still enjoy the ride everyone:twothumbs
I have a 2006 and while the fuses may feel like they aren't fully seated, they definitely are. If this was a REAL problem, it would have been corrected during pre-production testing. I think someone in the loop actually posted a while back that the test engineers were getting a good laugh over the whole thing, in fact.

You can keep pressing them down all you want, but all you're doing is wasting time and wearing out the contacts.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:38 PM

Hey guys, I didn't mean to start a thing about the fuses. But I do have a question about them. Where is the fuse box on the passenger side? There is a box up under the dash, but it looks to be a part of the heating/cooling fan system. If I am mistaken and this is the fuse box, then how do you open it?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:57 PM

It's on the passenger side of the console by the left foot position

Quick Reply: New HHR owner and first post