General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New HHR, ready for Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 03:04 PM

New HHR, ready for Mods.

Hello,

Michael here in El Paso Texas. I just bought at 1LT, 2.2L, Auto/remote start, Air, Sunroof, Chrome Package, Running boards, Roof Rails, Purple color. Paid 18,500. Bought July 3rd.

I had considered moving into the 2.4 L; however I needed to take delivery ASAP to get the 0%. Only the 2.2 L came with the additions that I wanted. Plus the difference between 2.2 and 2.4 seemed minor. I mean it is not like I missed out on a 2.0 superchared/turbo sports engine. So I am happy. Plus the upcoming mods (CGS intake and GIBSON cat back) will help out.

Only problem that I am having is the 'air conditioner growl' which is being fixed due to the TSB. (parts on order)

So far I have put in the CGS Air Intake (love it), Chrome bumber cover, Chrome tail pipe.

By the end of this week I should have the GIBSON Cat-Back installed. Also my audio system is being put in this week (Infinity Component KAPPA's in the front, Infinity KAPPA's in the rear, Kicker L5 10" Sub, 2 Coustic AMPs, and a Stingray 'car-show' cap set in Chrome with blue LED display.

I still need Chrome 17" rims (5 star). On order I have the GM Steering Wheel radio control switch. I am considering replacing the seats with $200.00 sports seats that are sold at PEP-Boys auto supply.

I need ideas on what colors/accents to place on my purple car. My ideas is to Chrome it out so that beautiful purple color stands out. Any ideas? Pinstripes maybe? Maybe paint the top half white, grey, or silver?

Anyhow, let me know what you think... and any suggestions would be good. Glad to be a new HHR owner.

PS. I have orderd the IMCO turbo muffler that I read about in these posts, but I will not be using it since I am going GIBSON Cat Back. If anyone needs a new, unopened, IMCO turbo Muffler... let me know.

Thanks,

Michael
El Paso TEXAS

2006 1LT HHR 2.2L w/Mods
Old 07-16-2006, 03:09 PM

Welcome! We are just over two weeks into our HHR trip too and got lots of parts ordered but so far nothing actually added. Sounds like you have a good start.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:13 PM

to chevyhhr.net...the best place online for anything HHR.

Sounds like you have a great start on the mods. Look forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance.

Think chrome will look great on the Amethyst. One of our mods, SindyDix has chrome pinstriping on her white HHR...and it looks awesome.

If you're interested in selling your IMCO, just head on over to the classified board and post that you have one for sale. Someone is sure to snatch that puppy right up.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards and hearing more about you and your HHR.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:46 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope to have PICS up by Saturday. Thta way, I can have pictures of the GIBSON CAT-BACK system and the Audio system at once.

Quick question: How do you get your signature block to have a picture of the car in it? I would like my signature block to have my purple "Barney" HHR in it.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 07-16-2006, 03:53 PM

Click on the little camera below your name on the left. That will take you to your Image Gallery. Upload your photos there. Click to View the one you want to use in your signature. Right click on the picture and select Copy Image Location from the menu that comes up.

Next go up to the top of the page and in the second menu row you will see User CP. That is your Control Panel where you can make all sorts of changes to your account. On the left side select Edit Signature. This is where you put in what you want to appear in your signature. To show a photo or graphic, use [IMG ]url of file[/IMG ] . I added an extra space after the IMG in each caseso that it would show. Remove the spaces in your own code. That's it.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:07 PM

Good instructions Songman.

Be sure to read THIS in the FAQ on site rules about sig sizes and photo sizes. Many people are on dialup and it helps keep the load times down.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:37 PM

How about a pic of that chrome bumper cover?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:47 PM

I will put some pics up of the bumber cover. I just installed it today. It was bought from SOCALLHHR. To be honest, I think that it's "okay"... but not amazing. If my goal was to use the 'polished steel' look on my HHR, then it would be great!! But my goal is to Chrome out the entire car. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice fit and looks good. I was just thinking that it would be more of a Chrome look. In any case, for now I am happy, but I will probably upgrade to a more "chrome" look soon. But I will try to have a pic online ASAP.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 07-16-2006, 06:49 PM

Thanks, I was confused. I know what you're talking about.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:56 PM

Mini Pic

here is a pic of the bumper...
just an add-on bumber cover. as soon as I find a better 'chrome' look, I will switch. in any case... I am having fun working on the HHR.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...earBumber1.JPG

Thanks,

Michael

Quick Reply: New HHR, ready for Mods.