General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New Incentives From Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:24 PM

Wow only if i had some money down (atleast 5 grand) and a better credit score of atleast a 720 or higher and they were for the 2009 model year i would leave right now....
Old 06-22-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Don't just stack the incentives and subtract them from MSRP and consider that your deal. The dealer is still making full markup in that scenario. Negotiate to invoice pricing if you can then subtract incentives from that.

Dealers are desparate to sell any models they can, because the high margin full size trucks and SUV's are not selling.
Yeah, that's my next step on it. I've looked up invoice price on the one i want and I have someone at another dealer who gave me an internet quote on theirs which was 700 lower then the MSRP, which according to wherever i was looking (either edmunds or cars direct or somewhere) was about the average negotiating price with invoice just slightly below it. I might drive down to the dealer this weekend, just sucks since it's an hour away. I'm not too fond of the dealer here in town.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:11 AM

The salesperson at the dealership I visited today told me that cashback was going up to $2500 tomorrow (6/24). This is in Alabama, if that makes a difference.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:03 AM

I think they are running a 2 or 3 day "special". My dealer called me and said they were doing 0% on 72 months instead of 60 for a couple days. I was like who wants to pay for a car for 6 years... I think he wanted me to come in and buy one instantly because of that, makes no sense.

I found the one i want, just gotta see if he'll get it from Wisconsin for me, i'm in Indiana.

If you do need to do financing on it, do the 0%, it saves you 3 to 4 grand in the end.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 AM

Many time when you go to the dealer, they'll deny that there are any deals out theere. My cousin went to a dealer last week with information about rebates and low ball prices. The salesman just laughed asking where he got that information. What I see are dealer add ons like $700 for paint protection and $200 for pinstriping. The dealer will drop these items and you are back to sticker price.

You'll see ads in the paper of $3000 off the list price on cars that aren't on the lot.

I did get a free TV when I bought my HHR..I didn't know the dealer had that promotion. Then the sales manager didn't want to give up a TV. The salesman did go out and put one in the back of the HHR. It was a POS TV that died after 13 months.

I've never met a car salesman that I ever considered to be trustworthy.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:03 AM

yeah when i went to the dealer he was saying something like oh yeah a few months ago we had 0%. and i was like actually you have 0% now. he had no idea and had to check it when we got inside.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 PM

I am one of the many people who got rid of a full size truck.
I got the dealer to give me trade in value plus $2,200 for my truck, and I got the HHR at $200 above invoice and at 0%.

I went to a different dealer the day before and there were only 3 people on the lot buying cars and we were all trying to get HHRs.
The salesman said dealers are trying to order more from GM to keep up with the demand.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by HHRatRod
I am one of the many people who got rid of a full size truck.
I got the dealer to give me trade in value plus $2,200 for my truck, and I got the HHR at $200 above invoice and at 0%.

I went to a different dealer the day before and there were only 3 people on the lot buying cars and we were all trying to get HHRs.
The salesman said dealers are trying to order more from GM to keep up with the demand.
wow! you want to come and negotiate a price with me? Sounds like a could use your help. Any tips and tricks you'd like to pass on, i'm a pretty good negotiator but I could always use more help. Plus since i'm young it seems like they think a little less of me.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Try to insist on them allowing NADA value for your trade instead of Kelly Blue Book. Kelly shoots low and therefore dealers love to use it to value your trade, whereas if you're buying a pre-owned from them it seems they prefer to use NADA because the NADA book tends to shoot higher. This is what I did. I ended up getting NADA clean retail for my trade, about $700 off MSRP, plus the then current cash allowance offer I think it was $1500. But, HHR's weren't selling as hot last spring so that helped me because they had my HHR in their inventory for six months. I negotiated the deal over the period of about a week.

If they balk about allowing NADA (National Auto Dealers Association) value for your trade, remind them that they're an AUTO DEALER and its the National AUTO DEALER Association book.

You can go to http://www.nadaguides.com/ and lookup your trade there to discover the numbers. I can almost guarantee the value will show higher than Kelly Blue Book ( http://ww.kbb.com ) unless things have changed drastically since last year.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by twistrman
wow! you want to come and negotiate a price with me? Sounds like a could use your help. Any tips and tricks you'd like to pass on, i'm a pretty good negotiator but I could always use more help. Plus since i'm young it seems like they think a little less of me.

I'm 30, a female, but I look 19. Usually car salesmen have no clue what they are in store for when I start negotiating.

I just let them do the first offer and then I offer a few hundred below invoice, that way they go up to invoice or a few hundred above.

On the trade, I told them they needed to come close to resale value and to disregard the trade in value b/c I knew they would sell my truck, it was a V6 full size and apparently there is a market for that b/c of gas prices.

I also ignore their 'we're not making any money on this sale' or any other lines they say to confuse you with how they buy their cars from the manufacturer.

I'll usually say, 'regardless if you are making money on this deal or not, it's a deal and you need sales volume, don't you?'

Quick Reply: New Incentives From Chevy