General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New Incentives From Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:44 PM

Thanks, i didn't know about NADA, i've always looked at Kelly for everything.

So my Jimmy isn't perfect, it has a few dings here and there, sadly enough most of them were there when i got it used, i haven't put a ding in it. Should I be bargaining for low retail since it isn't in perfect condition.

Here's a bit of comparison if you have some suggestions.

KBB
private party $4200
Trade in $2200

NADA
Low $4275
Clean $5325
High $6150

So what do you think?

Also, any other tips. I already have a good offer from a dealer an hour south for a similar vehicle which is just a few hundred above invoice. The thing is the exact one i found that I want, all the options i want and color, isn't on their lot, they're going to have to do a dealer trade for it. So, how much give do I have with that. It seems like their going to be hassling me since they gotta get it and all that. but i'm not taking any crap. if they don't want to help me out i have 2 other dealers i'm working with right now and i'll go get it from them if they want to find it for me.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 PM

Stick to your guns on the NADA thing. Unless they're going to give you below invoice on your trade, then I would say give me NADA trade-in value (as opposed to retail) on my trade. Worst case scenario you end up back at Kelly Bluebook valuation on your car, so you have nothing to lose by playing a hard game towards getting NADA for your trade-in.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:25 PM

You know when desparation sets in when its "buy one, get one free!" Saw Toby Keith doing Ford truck commercials. I think it was Buy a truck at employee pricing or something. Tough times around.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 PM

well i was at the dealership for awhile. here's how it went.

Not too happy with the trade price. they said once a car reaches a certain age (mine is a 99 jimmy), they don't go by kelly or NADA but instead by a system the checks values of other cars the same in an auction pricing setting that GM uses. I had heard this before, and it put it right near kelly, just not insanely happy with it. On the other hand. i live about an hour away from Indianapolis and I have heard that the dealers down there are possibly refusing trade ins on suvs and large trucks, they don't want them. So that's where i'm at with that. Bah.

The other part i have heard before and wanted to hear from others if they have had the same situation. If you are a GMS buyer (i am, my dad worked for GM for 33 years) it takes it down a significant amount of money, but they're not allowed to negotiate lower then that. So it would be either i try and negotiate the price lower, or i get my GMS discount, it takes just over 2 grand off the MSRP, so that's good, although i would always love more. I have heard this exact same thing from multiple people that were GMS buyers, so it doesn't seem like a lie, but i would love to get the price lower.

So, they are checking with the dealer that has the car i want, to see if they can do a dealer trade with it. It's the only one, exactly how i want, within 300 miles or so of where i live. They didn't look for it, I did, so i know that part is true. They're supposed to call and see if the dealer will do the trade.

Should i try negotiating the trade higher, I tried a bit, but it didn't seem to be going anywhere. How hard would it be to negotiate in the extended warranty? Anyone know how much it is normally to extend it? I'm just trying to see what i can get thrown in. The price isn't bad, but lower is never a problem.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:36 PM

College Grad program was updated June 16. All GM vehicles are eligible for the discount except the 2009 ZR1
--al
Old 06-25-2008, 06:53 AM

I just checked my (Texas) dealer site today and they now have $2500 in incentives for HHRs.

As for the extended warranty, the finance guy dropped the price in half for it as I kept refusing it before he finally gave up (I couldn't afford it at any price). So they do have some leeway to negotiate. I forget exactly, but it started around $3000.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:03 AM

just say ok... i know you are checking the other dealer for the trade... if i call them and ask for $1000 more for my trade... the gms price is non negotiable .... www.gmfamilyfirst.com will give you this price... BUT you still take off the rebates (or add the 0%) to that... i hate the auction sheets they print... retards...
Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 AM

yeah it all comes down to i am getting the GMS price, and then the 0%.

It's good since i doubt i could negotiate that much off of the car myself witht he GMS, but i really wish i could negotiate and then take the GMS odd of that. I'm going to see if they want to do more on my trade, i highly doubt it, i don't even want the car, i don't know why many others would.

I would go private sale and just slap a discounted price on it but i don't want to deal with it, plus their are probably a few things wrong with it the dealer might not know about, i feel bad screwing a real person myself directly.