General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:40 PM

This is my first post, so wish me luck.

My wife and I are looking at adding an economy car to our line up for her to drive back and forth to work. I've known about the HHR for a while now and I'm a huge GM guy. We stopped at the local Chevy dealership to look at the Cobalt and see what it looked like in person. Setting next the Cobalt coupe was a white LT HHR that was loaded with tan leather onstar xm you know the works. I started walking around it and giving it a good once over and came to the conclusion that I could see us driving this thing, I really liked it.

My wife on the other hand didn't car for it as much but said that we'd go back and drive it along with the Cobalt and see what it's like. Now the one we looked at was MSRP 23k which is about 6k more then we want to spend but we don't need all the bells whistles, but we'll shop around new and used and I think we'll be able to find something. Please guys, when we go and test drive the HHR will she fall in love or are we going to be stuc with a Cobalt?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 PM

Name:  welcome02.gif
Views: 20
Size:  13.5 KB to the site!!! It is hard to say. You really can't beat the HHR for its size and convenience but then what is important to her?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Founding Member

You got bit by the HHR bug! It's contagious.... she'll get bit soon!

Show her around *HERE* to see some nice pictures of mild to wild HHR's!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Let her have your car and You get the HHR,
Welcome to the Club and Enjoy the Ride when You Get it.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 PM

I had a Cobalt a a rental when my white HHR was in the shop and I hated it. I did like the sportier steering on the Cobalt, but that was it. The interior was trash and the outside had no style..... The HHR was the first car that I ever missed when it was in the shop.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by iwannaHHR
This is my first post, so wish me luck.

My wife and I are looking at adding an economy car to our line up for her to drive back and forth to work. I've known about the HHR for a while now and I'm a huge GM guy. We stopped at the local Chevy dealership to look at the Cobalt and see what it looked like in person. Setting next the Cobalt coupe was a white LT HHR that was loaded with tan leather onstar xm you know the works. I started walking around it and giving it a good once over and came to the conclusion that I could see us driving this thing, I really liked it.

My wife on the other hand didn't car for it as much but said that we'd go back and drive it along with the Cobalt and see what it's like. Now the one we looked at was MSRP 23k which is about 6k more then we want to spend but we don't need all the bells whistles, but we'll shop around new and used and I think we'll be able to find something. Please guys, when we go and test drive the HHR will she fall in love or are we going to be stuc with a Cobalt?
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find the HHR you are looking for.
There are some decent incentives out right now and another incentive plan is suppose to be out around May 23rd, so keep that in mind.
Good luck with your search.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will find the HHR you are looking for.
There are some decent incentives out right now and another incentive plan is suppose to be out around May 23rd, so keep that in mind.
Good luck with your search.
Welcome and happy searching. Also remember that Chevy upgraded the drivetrain warranty for 2007. So, consider new over used. The HHR is a fun car that could serve a family quite well.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by karen1953
Let her have your car and You get the HHR,
Welcome to the Club and Enjoy the Ride when You Get it.
Thanks for the welcome guys.

No, my car is a manual and she can drive it in the small town we live in but she doesn't want to drive in Austin traffic. Besides I don't want to put that kind of mileage on my car. The thing she doesn't like about the HHR is it's a wagon. However, she doesn't like driving "small" cars either. I'm hoping she'll ike the HHR beacuse it sets up high. She's use to driving a 1/2ton truck.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:28 PM

Welcome to the site.

You're looking for cars at the right time of year. Pretty soon GM will want to start liquidating as much of the 2007 inventories as they can, so between the incentives, loyalty programs, and liquidations, you could get more car for close to what you wanted to originally spend.

We went from the larger Malibu to the HHR. It's a little smaller but it is so much fun to drive.

My wife loves it. When I first showed her a picture of the HHR when it was first introduced, it wasn't "what is that?" it was "when are we getting one?"
Old 05-03-2007, 10:30 PM

Welcome! My wife loved my HHR so much that she traded in her 05 Cobalt LS for an 07 HHR fall edition.

Quick Reply: New member