General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 PM

I loved the HHR from the first time I saw it.... shortly after we had purchased our 2005 Aveo. Mr. C said no way.... said it was the ugliest thing he had ever seen. So it was him I had to convince... After he drove it, he liked it and did allot of research on it. Maybe if you act like you don't like it so much,she will : lol:
Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 PM

My wife was the same no not that car after I got one and she drove it as of wed. she has her own 07LS, teal, ebony cloth M/T she like a M/T. take one for a test drive! I think she will like it plus they are so cool looking
Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 PM

There are alot of women on the forum who drive the HHR. I'm the grandmother of 6 and came from a Honda Prelude.I bought the Honda because I wanted something that was not grandma-like and that filled the bill. Then when I decided I wanted a new car...I was going to buy a Cruiser...but I didn't like that and saw the HHR and fell in love. The ride is great...and they are an eye catcher. I love driving something that you can go down the road in and it sticks out in the crowd.

My family loves my HHR and none of them consider it a station wagon. In fact, my 3 year old granddaughter calls it "Grandma's NASCAR" It's all a matter of what a person wants...and I wanted something that didn't look like all the other cars made these days...and the HHR fits the bill.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 PM

Talking Welcome!!!

Nice color HHR you were lookin' at!
Best of luck in convincin' your wife!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:35 PM

It's hard to tell if your wife will like it or not. My husband and I saw a bunch of HHR's driving down the freeway last year, and both wondered what they were. As luck should have it one pulled into the gas station where we stopped and we asked what it was, and how he liked it. We found out it was an HHR but as it happened it was a rental and he'd just picked it up so he didn't know anything about it.

We started checking them out this year, and pretty much knew that it would be our next car. My husband always said he'd love to have an old panel truck, well, I'd say this is close. We've had ours a month and we love it! Our other car is a Saturn station wagon, which gets 29 in the city and 36 or better on the highway, the HHR is getting around 23 & 24 in the city and we got about 34 on the highway so far, so that's not bad either. The Saturn sits low, and as a woman, I have to say that I am enjoying sitting up higher and being able to see farther ahead of me. I also love the space, though we had quite a bit of space in the station wagon as well, I think there is slightly more space in the HHR. We think the ride is comfortable and we are really loving it, and we really love the retro look! Like Courthousedeb said, they stand out in a crowd. In this day and age where it's hard to distinguish one car from another, you can really notice an HHR without a doubt.

Good luck, but like someone else here already said, I'd give her your car and buy an HHR for myself.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by iwannaHHR
The thing she doesn't like about the HHR is it's a wagon. However, she doesn't like driving "small" cars either.

Once she realizes how much stuff can be hauled, she'll change her mind!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by jx3

Once she realizes how much stuff can be hauled, she'll change her mind!
That the point I've been making to her. She is forever running to the post office and sams. I've told her it's going to be very tough to get all that in a coupe.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:29 AM

Five months after I bought the HHR, Chevy came out with the 0% financing. My wife decided she was going to trade her Cherokee. We went to the same salesman looking at another HHR because she really liked the way it drove. While there she spotted a Victory Red 4 dr Cobalt and liked the visability and the HUGE trunk. She bought it. Both are fine cars, and drive very similar. I think the Cobalt probably suits her better than an HHR would.