General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New Member from the Far North!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:16 AM

New Member from the Far North!

Hi all! I can't believe there is such a thing as an HHR forum! I guess I'm not the only one insanely pleased and proud of their new HHR!

I'm in Prince George, British Columbia. Not THAT far north, I know, but I like to exagerate sometimes for effect .

I can't believe that I'm posting in a CAR forum. I've never cared for any car, never cared what I drove, considered all cars to be resource-wasting, noise and air polluting eye-sores, but unfortunately neccessary to everyday life.

That is, until I got my shinny new BLACK HHR.

Wasn't even thinking of getting a new car, I had a '91 Tempo, it had four wheels and it ran, so what was wrong with that? One morning about six weeks ago, on my way to work, I got hit by a logging truck on the highway. I was shaken, but unhurt. Unfortunately my Tempo didn't fare as well. It was a complete write-off, but then again, it being a '91, it could have been hit by a shopping cart and the car would have been a write off.

So off I went looking for a new car. My requirements were simple: Small car, good on gas, hatch-back/wagon with a flat-floor cargo area (for the dog ), reasonably priced.

I've never even heard or seen an HHR until I saw one at the dealers. I test drove one, and boy-o-boy was it a fun car to drive! I loved the styling, and it met all my requirements! Loved having something different and unique.
I never thought that I would fall in love with a car, but here I am, glad to have found a forum of kindred spirits where I can brag, brag, brag about
my new car!

I can't get over the good gas mileage I get for the size of the car and the size of the engine (though I do a lot of highway driving). I can't get over the features that come optional with the base LT (I got automatic, that was the only add-on I went for), and I can't believe just how GOOD it feels to drive a nice car that makes people's head turn. I think all this car needs is a chocolate dispenser and life will be complete!

Glad to be here!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:19 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 19
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! Glad to hear you are ok after your accident. Chocolate Dispenser Mod
Old 04-15-2007, 08:21 AM

<<<I think all this car needs is a chocolate dispenser and life will be complete! >>> My kinda person!!!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
jx3

Name:  welcome.gif
Views: 23
Size:  33.6 KB
Originally Posted by guppyfry
Glad to be here!
Glad to have you here!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by guppyfry
.....it could have been hit by a shopping cart and the car would have been a write off.

Welcome to the best & friendliest HHR forum
Old 04-15-2007, 08:38 AM

To this big happy(most of the time)family of owners and enthusiasts.I think you will enjoy it here.As to the chocolate dispenser,I am working on one.Mine needs to be removable because the heat down here in the deep South would melt the kisses into one big lump if I left it in Rebel Grey.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 AM

it feels good to hear stories like that, i bleed with gm so i hope to hear more people falling in love with the new gm cars, and get this turnaround going :)
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM

Old 04-15-2007, 05:05 PM

You wern't kidding about the far north. Do they office a snow plow attachhment for the HHR . All kidding aside, I just joined this site and have done alot of reading. Seems like this will be fun.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Hi,

I've had my HHR since mid November, and like you, I'm really pleased with it. By the way, I left Prince George in 1977, wow that's 30 years ago...

Peter

Quick Reply: New Member from the Far North!