General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New member...looking for HHR....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 AM

The road tests will give you an initial feel for the car, but I don't think it will give you anything but a very vague idea of what the SS will be like. Good luck, though!
Old 11-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Well we road tested the HHR LT with the 2.4, Automatic. cloth interior...
My wife likes it, but wants to see one with leather interior.
There are a few dealers near us that have some with leather.
When I first got in the HHR, it reminded me of my 1934 Chevy sedan street rod I used to have. It is definetly a cool ride.

We are going to take your advice and rent an HHR for a weekend while we figure out what color and options we want.

I am up in the air now on getting the SS or not. We are not in a hurry to buy, so I am going to wait until my local dealer gets the 2 SS's he ordered in, 1 automatic, 1 stick.
He said they will be in around the middle of December.
By the time he gets them in, I will have already driven the LT enough to decide.
I will still be checking in on here to see what everone is up to with there rides.
Happy Holidays to all
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 PM

Welcome!! I have a 2006 2LT with 13,000 miles on it, and have not had one bit of trouble with it. My wife didn't like the HHR at first but, she does now. It's perfect for my side job which is a mobile deejay service. I am seriously considering trading it in for an SS. Black is beautiful especially with the bright chrome, but it is hard to keep clean. I will probably get an SS in silver, that's if the wife approves! :)
Old 11-20-2007, 11:39 PM

to the site!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM

Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM

My wife hate`s my panel says it`s to dark and closed in and couldn`t drive it because there is no side rear windows.I think she has been in it 2 times.

The truth is she dosen`t hate it she has rules when she rides in it # 1 No Smoking # 2 No Liquids # 3 Keep both feet on the floor mat.

So you don`t have to ask she has burnt holes in the headliners of 3 cars screwing around with her hair.She always has a cup of tea in her hand and has lost the cap of every travel mug I have gotten her.I had my auto shifter lock up on one car from so much tea getting in there.I have had my dash and windows sprayed when she says it went down the wrong hole.She likes to cross her legs and does this foot shaking thing grinding dirt into my dash.

She will never have a new car,a new car to her is anything I can find under a $1,000.00 I replace it every two years and they go straight to the scrap yard
Old 11-21-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE
My wife hate`s my panel says it`s to dark and closed in and couldn`t drive it because there is no side rear windows.I think she has been in it 2 times.

The truth is she dosen`t hate it she has rules when she rides in it # 1 No Smoking # 2 No Liquids # 3 Keep both feet on the floor mat.

So you don`t have to ask she has burnt holes in the headliners of 3 cars screwing around with her hair.She always has a cup of tea in her hand and has lost the cap of every travel mug I have gotten her.I had my auto shifter lock up on one car from so much tea getting in there.I have had my dash and windows sprayed when she says it went down the wrong hole.She likes to cross her legs and does this foot shaking thing grinding dirt into my dash.

She will never have a new car,a new car to her is anything I can find under a $1,000.00 I replace it every two years and they go straight to the scrap yard
Any other issues, you would like to get off your mind?
Old 11-22-2007, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE

Originally Posted by Markiemark
Any other issues, you would like to get off your mind?
it's ok mike, don't worry about markiemark, now just go ahead a lay down and tell me what your child hood was like growing up.

just messin with ya!
Old 11-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by SIRESMERPH
it's ok mike, don't worry about markiemark, now just go ahead a lay down and tell me what your child hood was like growing up.

just messin with ya!

Thats kinda what the wife say`s she had 4 siblings and I was an only child and I still don`t like anyone messin with my stuff.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:39 PM

Be sure to check out one that has the ebony cloth interior. I think the cloth interior looks best in black (ebony), but then I'm biased

Originally Posted by Dragbike1
Well we road tested the HHR LT with the 2.4, Automatic. cloth interior...
My wife likes it, but wants to see one with leather interior.
There are a few dealers near us that have some with leather.
When I first got in the HHR, it reminded me of my 1934 Chevy sedan street rod I used to have. It is definetly a cool ride.

We are going to take your advice and rent an HHR for a weekend while we figure out what color and options we want.

I am up in the air now on getting the SS or not. We are not in a hurry to buy, so I am going to wait until my local dealer gets the 2 SS's he ordered in, 1 automatic, 1 stick.
He said they will be in around the middle of December.
By the time he gets them in, I will have already driven the LT enough to decide.
I will still be checking in on here to see what everone is up to with there rides.
Happy Holidays to all