General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New member/ New HHR to judge

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:26 PM

Talking New member/ New HHR to judge

So i bought my first new car last august of 2007. What did i choose, a black 2007 HHR LS. I wish i could have purchased an LT, but money was kinda tight. With that said, I've done my own mods to make my LS compete with the LT's ( Not Really!) New 17" Ultra 83 chrome rims with now low profile tires. Looks amazing! Ive been working on my sub/amp install for the last couple days......I've had it with the line output converter install, so i said screw it and i'm taking it to an audio shop when i get off work. I was hoping I could do it myself, but i decided against it. I didn't want to screw up my car too bad.
I've purchased the billet grill for top and bottom. ( Still waiting for delievery!)
I plan on buying the smoke spray for my tail lights. Dunno bout you, but black with red lights, just isn't cutting it.

I saw a chrome gas cover, looks cool...anyone get one? Opinions?

Fog lights are on the list, as with air intake, and lowering springs, chrome mirror covers, chrome antenna base, and of course White dice for the mirror!(LOL) When I get a little further along i will post pics.

Does anyone have any other thoughts for cheap mod's that i can do to make my HHR less stock, more custom.????
Old 05-30-2008, 03:28 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 11
Size:  38.2 KB

If you're looking to "black out" the car, then why even think about the chrome gas door cover?

Be prepared to get hounded for pics!!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:29 PM

Red face oh ya...what about...

Anyone have a trick, or a key product to cover the emblem holes? I want to take off the emblems, but i dont want to if i cant cover the holes nicely w/o having to get a new paint job. thanks
Old 05-30-2008, 03:30 PM

i like the chrome offsets.... Im not to sure about the cover, but I haven't seen one yet.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:31 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Alex Budinich
i like the chrome offsets.... Im not to sure about the cover, but I haven't seen one yet.
Check the site's supporting vendors, and you'll come up w/ an endless list of what you want.

Here's a link for the gas door.........

RAS.........GAS DOOR COVER

HHR Boutique......GAS DOOR COVER

How about some chrome tail light rings?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:41 PM

I think those would look pretty sick, even though im tryin to " black-out" as they say.... Dunno What do you people think?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 PM

Anyone have a trick, or a key product to cover the emblem holes? I want to take off the emblems, but i dont want to if i cant cover the holes nicely w/o having to get a new paint job. thanks
? if you are talking about the HHR,LS badges and the little Gm chickletts, they are only attached with adhesive.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...hlight=badging
Old 05-30-2008, 03:51 PM

So the "HHR" and "LS" on the tailgate are only glued on? So if i removed them, would it look like crap or does it look good?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
jx3

So the "HHR" and "LS" on the tailgate are only glued on? So if i removed them, would it look like crap or does it look good?
If the paint around it is in good condition then it should look OK. Maybe have to use some goo-off or similar product to get the rest of the residue off.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 21
Size:  5.6 KB to the site Alex. Here is mine debadged with Smoked Tails and Premiere Spoiler:

Quick Reply: New member/ New HHR to judge