General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New owner of HHR 2LT

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:17 PM

Smile New owner of HHR 2LT

Hello everyone. I came across your website today and enjoyed reading the posts. I'm a new owner of a HHR 2LT that I purchased last Friday. I like it very much and get many positive comments on it. I noticed GM was having a 0%/72 month sale going on and decided to see what I could do. Unfortunately, I traded my 2003 Monte in for the deal. I do miss my Monte, but I'm hoping my HHR will help me forget my Monte friend (originally, I was going to the dealer to get another Monte, but they didn't have any and decided to take advantage of what GM was offering with financing). Sales person showed me the HHR along with other chevys. Since I couldn't get my Monte, I looked at the Pontiac G6, Malibu (they didn't have any Impala's). I decided on the HHR (which I wasn't too familiar with). I'm a chevy guy (last 6 vehicles have been chevys) and decided I didn't want the Malibu (too much of a family car). I'm single and didn't want that. I decided to go with something different with the HHR.Little apprehensive on getting a 4 popper engine, but the 2.4 has some pep. As a matter of fact, I only lost 8 HP from the 3.4 V6 in the Monte to the 2.4 (180 HP down to 172 HP). I do have to get used to hearing the 4 popper - different tone from the V6. Like I said, I kind of miss my Monte, but had to take the plunge and feel I got something that make people look like my Monte did. Nice meeting all of you.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:21 PM

I'm new too. We got ours 2 weeks ago. Everyone on this site seems pretty cool and there is a lot of good info in here!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Congrats on your new , I'm sure your going to love it. :twothumbs
Old 07-07-2006, 08:04 PM

Congrats on your new HHR!! I'm sure you're going to like it. We have had ours for less than a week and love it..
Old 07-07-2006, 08:50 PM

It's so funny, everyone. Not many people know what the car is. I get many comments asking the following:

That's a nice H2 Hummer - yes I actually got that twice
Is that a PT Cruiser - of course I tell them that I would never own a dodge and continue to tell them that as far as I know, the PT Cruiser was never modeled after anything, whereas the HHR was modeled after the 1949 Suberban and a little after the SSR. But a majority of people don't know what it is and I like it that way, because that makes it unique.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:26 PM

to chevyhhr.net...the fastest growing forum for anything HHR.

You will find that this is a very informative and fun place to share anything HHR and then some. We're a great group of people and love to fun at one another from time to time...but it's all good.

We look forward to seeing you around the board. Please be sure to post some pics of your new HHR. The natives get restless when they don't have something cool to look at.

Please be sure to check out the benefits of becoming a premium member here. It's only $5.99 a year and that gets you a cool decal to put on your HHR and many other benefits.

Take your time cruising the forum...there is a ton of information available. Be sure to check out the How To Guide forum and the sticky about checking the fuses in your car, because a majority of us have found them not properly seated.

If you have any questions, just ask. We have a lot of very knowledgeable members who should be able to answer any questions you might have. Have fun!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 PM

Welcome!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:17 AM

A BIG WELCOME to all the new members!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
A BIG WELCOME to all the new members!
I'm so stinking lazy! So 'ditto.'
Old 07-08-2006, 10:04 AM

Same from me but smaller print!!

Quick Reply: New owner of HHR 2LT