General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New seats for my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:55 PM

New seats for my HHR

I've got the standard cloth bucket seats in my LS. I get a cramp in the back of my legs/keester area on any trip lasting more than an hour or so.
Has anybody tried swapping out the cloth seats for leather? Are they any more comfortable?
Will the seats from a Cobalt or Malibu or some other Chevy fit my HHR?
HHR S/S seats?
I gotta make a big trip to Tulsa, OK here in a few weeks & I'm dreading the long drive now.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:56 PM

This is my 2 cents. My family has 3 HHRs so here it is:

My brother has cloth seats --- I hate them
I have power leather seats---- The power options make it tolerable
My Dad has a SS------------- The SS seats are great, hands down

The leather seats I have are alot more soft compaired to the cloth. With the ablity to adjust the back support, pitch the bottom half and raise up and down the whole seat makes a big differance.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Seat mounts

HHR_style, hatetoorun,
I don't think that the cloth seats (vs. leather) have much to do with comfort... Can't really comment on leather, though, as I have cloth seats.
I'm tall (6'-2") and I found that the back of my legs (at knees) weren't getting enough support, even with the seat adjusted 'up in front', 'down in back'.
What I did was to raise the front mounts of the drivers seat up one inch. It tips the whole seat back, giving the knee area more support. I really like this mod, works real good for me...

No, I didn't take picts.

Mo

Last edited by T 20; 11-05-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member

Might consider an LT power front seat, driver side is power 8 way. With lumbar adjustment & etc, etc, etc.. Pass side is no power. So really you would only need a driver side imo..

I'm very comfortable on mine.. (edit): I also have padded seat covers..

The Performance SS HHR seats are a direct bolt in also, but you would still need to run power to it..
Old 11-06-2010, 04:33 AM

For what its worth ... I have fibroMyalgia and actually do pretty good ...did 8 hours straight before I really had a problem but unlike most of you im kinda a short fooker so ...

Whats the Major Diff with the SS seats anyone?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ogre999
For what its worth ... I have fibroMyalgia and actually do pretty good ...did 8 hours straight before I really had a problem but unlike most of you im kinda a short fooker so ...

Whats the Major Diff with the SS seats anyone?
The SS seats have different bottoms if they have the performance option.

They bottom is flat and has higher sides. The bottom is also longer to give more thigh support.

I like the SS Performance seat more since I have longer legs and I fell more like I am sitting in the seat vs on top of it. The seat backs have a little mroe side support.

The seat back has a little more side support and also make you feel like the seat is holding you.

They also use suede to give you more grip to hold you in place under performance driving.

Some people love them some hate them. It comes down to what you want.

I had the performance option on one side and the standard SS seat on the drivers side and the standard seat on the passenger. I changed it becasue it look odd with two different seats and the SS seat just sits better at least for us.

The one must for a HHR is the power seat option. The HHR is a vehicle that can make it difficult for some over 5'7" to get their legs comfortable. Witht he power options it gives you some options.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by T 20
HHR_style, hatetoorun,
I don't think that the cloth seats (vs. leather) have much to do with comfort... Can't really comment on leather, though, as I have cloth seats.
I'm tall (6'-2") and I found that the back of my legs (at knees) weren't getting enough support, even with the seat adjusted 'up in front', 'down in back'.
What I did was to raise the front mounts of the drivers seat up one inch. It tips the whole seat back, giving the knee area more support. I really like this mod, works real good for me...

No, I didn't take picts.

Mo

The cloth seats to me are to stiff IMO. The leather has a softer cushion inside the seat.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by T 20
HHR_style, hatetoorun,

No, I didn't take picts.

Mo
I wish you did but I understand as well. I hadn't never thought of that. Pardon my ignorance in advance but where are the mounts and bolts? I'm trying to figure out how to do what you did.

Thanks

Blue
Old 11-06-2010, 04:03 PM

I wish they would've made a power seat for the front passenger as well...

Blue
Old 11-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Blue Lightning
I wish they would've made a power seat for the front passenger as well...

Blue
Blue- I certainly agree wit dat !!!

Quick Reply: New seats for my HHR