General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New seats for my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:28 AM

I think what needs to be researched is grafting leather power seats from other compatible platforms. That way you would have adjustments on both sides. (GM or Non-GM) Also, If you are over 200lb, the drivers seat base (it seems) gets loose and is quite anoying when leaving a stop light. The movement is only an eight th of an inch, but it is aggrivating. Any suggestions? Mr arff would like to know. Thanks

Last edited by mrarff; 11-07-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by T 20
HHR_style, hatetoorun,
I don't think that the cloth seats (vs. leather) have much to do with comfort... Can't really comment on leather, though, as I have cloth seats.
I'm tall (6'-2") and I found that the back of my legs (at knees) weren't getting enough support, even with the seat adjusted 'up in front', 'down in back'.
What I did was to raise the front mounts of the drivers seat up one inch. It tips the whole seat back, giving the knee area more support. I really like this mod, works real good for me...

No, I didn't take picts.

Mo
I actually gained some relief from the cramping when I raised the back of the seat. It feels like the back of the seat is lower than the front & this causes a bad angle on my hips. When I jacked up the back of the seat manually (with the lever on the side) it feels better for me.

P.S. I am anly 5'9" so being too tall is not the issue here.

I've sat on the HHR leather seats before & they felt good. I figure they have a bit better design than the standard cloth option & may help with the cramping. I havent tried an SS seat yet. Hope to this weekend!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 PM

I have made this exact same post somewhere else, but my routine trips to ft worth (350 miles/6 hours one way) and after hour #1 my ass and back hurt so bad I would rather walk the rest of the way. Might as well be sitting on a kirkey seat. The door panels drive me nuts too, i rest my arm on it for teh drive and it hurts. New seats and door panel padding/suede cover is def on my list.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 AM

It really depends on what your issue is......
The cloth seats are fine for a lot of people. I find them less than supportive if you drive with any spirit. the have no real lateral bolsters so you have nothing keeping your body from wanting to shift side to side when you go around turns.

The leather seat have a little more side of a side bolster so you slide around a little less.

The SS performance seat have the best bolsters of all the HHR's. You might be surprised how much more comfortable you are when your body isn't trying to slide/ or keep from sliding sideways while you drive.

Also the back of at least the 2LT cloth seats have an adjustable lumbar support. That can make a real differance in comfort on a long ride....

Just my $0.02............