General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Newb

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member

Kind of odd looking interior. Someone has taken the original dark seats and replaced them with some light colored ones. But they put some of the old dark trim pieces on the new lighter seats. Just an odd look to me.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I like to go by my own inspection and a test drive , let the HHR tell me what’s going on, and my trusty OBD II reader, I wear presentable but older clothes, so I can use my mirror wand and flash light. Look at the fuel lines for corrosion just in front of the driver’s side rear tire.
I look at the VIN through the windshield, does it match up to the VIN in the glove box?
I know , I’ll be replacing parts but it’s rust and drivetrain stuff that tells me to run, and stay away. At this age of car, plan on new fuel lines , maybe a fuel pump, timing chain, balance shaft chain and water pump, and a new thermostat and fresh Dexcool.
I don’t depend on the guy selling me his low mileage, awesomely detailed HHR has done anything to it.
But that’s just me , OCD to a fault.
Im a little OCD myself, I did run the code reader and nothing popped up and all systems go.... nothing pending so that was good.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:58 PM
Administrator

That interior was an option, not a PO playing colour match the interior. Don’t forget the glove box sticker!
Old 04-06-2020, 05:25 PM
Platinum Member

Oldblue. You're saying that 2 tone interior was an option ? All these years on this forum and I've never heard of that, much less seen it. As they say, That's a new one on Me.
Light colored upholstery and black trim.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Oldblue. You're saying that 2 tone interior was an option ? All these years on this forum and I've never heard of that, much less seen it. As they say, That's a new one on Me.
Light colored upholstery and black trim.
I don't know if being leather makes a difference?
Old 04-06-2020, 05:44 PM

Rpo ADJUSTER SEAT, POWER, 6 WAY, VERT, DRIVER; ASH RECEPTACLE AND CIGARETTE LIGHTER; VIN IDENT POSITION, MULTI- PURPOSE VEHICLE; BRAKE SYSTEM,POWER FRONT DISC,REAR DRUM,ANTI-LOCK(CAST IRON); EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,BLACK; FEDERAL EMISSION CERTIFICATION; COMMUNICATION SYSTEM VEHICLE, G.P.S. 1; DIGITAL AUDIO SYSTEM S-BAND; EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL, TIER 2; CONTROL ACTIVE BRAKE; PACKAGE OPTION-; CONTROL - SALES ITEM NO. 89; MAT,LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT; COMPONENT FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP; COMPONENT FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (7AE); AIR CONDITIONER,FRONT,ELECTRONIC CONTROLS; TRIM,INTERIOR DESIGN; NET,CONVENIENCE; I/P SUBASSEMBLY NOT INSTALLED (MODULAR OPTIMIZATION METHOD ONLY); KNOB,TRANSMISSION CONTROL LEVER,LEATHER; LOCK CONTROL REMOTE, KEYLESS ENTRY, START; LAMP,FOG(DELUXE); LICENSE PLATE,FRONT MOUNTING PACKAGE; MIRROR,OUTSIDE,RH & LH REMOTE CONTROL,ELECTRIC(PAINTED); TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC,OVERDRIVE(MERCHANDISING OPTION); ORNAMENTATION,EXTERIOR TRIM(DELUXE); OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE; PLANT CODE- RAMOS ARIZPE, MEXICO GM DE MEXICO; AXLE,FRONT,3.91 RATIO; GVW RATING 4,240 LBS.; ROOF,SUN,GLASS SLIDING,ELECTRIC; RADIO AM/FM STEREO, SEEK/SCAN, CD, AUTO TONE, CLOCK ETR, MP3, RDS; RESTRAINT SYSTEM,FRONT SEAT,INFLATABLE,DRIVER AND PASSENGER; MIRROR,INSIDE,REARVIEW,TILT,AUTOMATIC,LIGHT SENSITIVE; RESTRAINT PROVISIONS CHILD, RR SEAT, RR FACING; SALES PROCESSING-STOCK ORDERS; PACKAGE LT OPTION 2; SPEAKER SYSTEM,PERFORMANCE ENHANCED AUDIO; STEPS RUNNINGBOARD, SIDE; SUSPENSION SYSTEM,SPORT; SEAT,FRONT BUCKET,DRIVER,PASSENGER,MANUAL RECLINING(EUROPEAN STYLE); STEERING WHEEL,LEATHER WRAPPED; TRACTION CONTROL ELECTRONIC; TIRE ALL P215/50R17-90S BW ST TL AL2; TRIM COMBINATION,CLOTH,BLACK; INTERIOR TRIM COLOR BLACK/EBONYINTERIOR TRIM,EBONY; VEHICLE STATEMENT - US/CANADA; SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS/CHILD PRESENCE DETECTOR; WHEEL 17 X 6.5, ALUMINUM POLISHED

Here is the tag codes as well as the cabin filter that I shook out earlier.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 PM

Fantastic find!

Those seats are unusual but I don't hate them.

You could paint the roof white to match. Keeps the cab cooler in the sun.

Carfax is fine as long as you accept the limitations. Having limited experience, I tried it and also AutoCheck on the same car. They did not have identical info. Liked the latter better. I thought clues about where the car had lived were especially valuable. The most interesting was the car got a new turbo under warranty. Twice.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:44 PM
Administrator

This was a factory Tu-tone interior
Old 04-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Quite different from the all ebony dashboard, I remember a member did this colour change in his 2006, so FMG you could be correct, the 19I and 19B interior codes are both ebony and I don’t see any 321 cashmere interior colour codes.
it is interesting.

Does the remote start work?
Old 04-06-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Quite different from the all ebony dashboard, I remember a member did this colour change in his 2006, so FMG you could be correct, the 19I and 19B interior codes are both ebony and I don’t see any 321 cashmere interior colour codes.
it is interesting.

Does the remote start work?
Would mine fall into 192? Ebony plastics and cream leather seats?
I haven't tried it yet but will tomorrow.

Also has anyone ever heard of this,,, car starts and runs fin, but sometimes when starting it will start and some knocking will start under the dash, like 6 loud knocks then stop? no issues just a really loud knock in the dash then stops after about 6 times, did it twice today.....

Quick Reply: Newb