General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Newbie here with a really stupid question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 AM

Talking Newbie here with a really stupid question!

Hello to all.....

I just purchased a 2006 HHR LT in December and I am just thrilled to death with the car.....I was a PT Cruiser fan, but then I met the HHR and it was love at first sight....got all kinds of things in mind to make the car really unique....but right now I just need a little guidance....

I purchased a set (4 pieces) of smoked vent visor wind deflectors for my car, well when I got them, I discovered that they are the kind that mount in the window channel instead of adhering to the outside of the window....has anyone on the forum here ever installed this type of vent visor....if so....could you give me a little advice/instruction on just how to install these? I have the instructions that came with them, but it seems a little vague to me.....

Thanx for any and all help that I can get with this....

Anita
Old 01-04-2008, 07:26 AM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 124
Size:  38.2 KB

Those type of visors are really popular here. From what I remember of the install for Dory, installing the front ones, while the windows are down, you should start by inserting the front part of the visor in the channel then the back part should be inserted midway down the window and then slide it up to the top of the channel. The rears are pretty simple and should have included some double sided tape already attached to them. The get inserted into the window frame about midway down and slide straight up into place. Don't forget to remove the backing on the tape, the tape is there just to make sure the visor won't fall out of the channel.

And make sure you get pics up!! We really like pics here.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 127
Size:  5.6 KB to the site Anita!!! I don't have vent visors but alot of members do. Someone will chime in.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you just unroll the windows and pop them in the channel? I don't have them for my HHR because I personally don't like how they look but that seems like how they work on all the other vehicles I've seen them on.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:37 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you just unroll the windows and pop them in the channel?
There is a particular method on how they must be put in. You don't ever want to try to install a set on a Porsche Cayenne. Talk about a royal pain!!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 AM

The set that I have has two-sided tape on all 4 pieces....the front and rear both have the tape. It says to roll the window down, and to insert the visor into the area up around the mirror first, then something about inserting the rear of the visor and then work the rest of it into the channel....but first it says to peel the tape back on both ends about two inches....then start to insert it....it also said that I have to leave the window rolled up for 24 hours to make sure the tape adheres to the channel....maybe I'll just move the tape to the other side of the visor and stick it to the car as I have done all my other visors over the years! When did they turn adding vent visors to your car into rocket science?!

I'm a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. policy.....keep it simple stupid!

Thanx....Anita
Old 01-04-2008, 07:54 AM
jx3

Sounds like the same install as my wife's QX4 shades by AVS. Start by pulling the tape backing and follow my directions above. Once inplace just pull the remaining tape backing.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 AM

They simply slide in and the tape keeps them snug. Don't put them in when it's cold outside - wait til it warms up!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 AM

Anita!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 AM

Thanx to all of you for the super quick response and the friendly welcome....It is supposed to be in the 50-60 degree temperature range this weekend, would that be warm enough to install these? I really want to get them on the car, as I am a window open kind of driver...gotta have that air flow and we have been getting a lot of liquid sunshine here lately....

Also on a different note...a couple more questions come to mind now....inside my car up around the sunroof buttons, there is this little round light that stays on all the time....can someone tell me what that light is and why it stays on....? I am thinking it has something to do with the auto setting on the headlights....

Can anyone tell me how to post pictures here? I went into my signature and added a picture to my signature, but it isn't showing up in my avatar area.....I would also like to post a few pics in the forum of my car...but can't seem to figure out just how to do that either. The picture that I am using in my signature I uploaded from my hard drive instead of from a picture hosting website....would that make a difference. Here at work they have us blocked from sites like photobucket and such, so I can't use my pictures that I have there.

Wow....so many questions.....but if you don't ask, you won't know....

Thanx again...Anita

Quick Reply: Newbie here with a really stupid question!