General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Newbie says hey!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 PM

Block Script for hood...

WELCOME!!!!
Great Looking Ride!

I suggest here... this is where We got ours, been doing businees with them for yerars...
http://www.classicparts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=59-022

check out my pics to see them installed... good luck
Old 05-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Danny Humphreys
Just wanted to say hey! Just got my 07 panel last week. Love it! I'm going to use it to advertise my business and go old school at the same time. Ordered Wheel Vintiques and 49 center caps. going in the paint shop in 2 weeks for 2 tone. White over red. Also going to add front visor. Need some chevrolet scripts for the hood. Looking fo r the block style like came on the 49. Any suggestions??
Hi - LOOOVE your panel!! what a color!!

I was recently looking for cool car fonts. Not the ACTUAL ones like you are looking for, but retro ones. This website - well you could be there all day looking and they are all free. I saved off about a hundred just for my own fun. Like Magneto, LittleDeuceCoupe, Hood Ornament, and Airstream. http://www.simplythebest.net/fonts/ is the site.

Also, have you ever been frustrated because you want to SEE what a word will look like in ALL of your fonts? I found a freeware that works so well for this. http://www.groan-zone.net/delphi/font.html. I have Windows 2003, which it's not supposed to work with, but it does. There are tons of them, font testers, though, and you can try tucows.com if you want a newer one.

BTW, my wheels are wheels vintique too - LOVE THEM.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Founding Member

sorta off topic....

From mitzkity's link font site meentiooned above, in the western section, I found our Captain Howdy in font form!
http://www.simplythebest.net/fonts/

Old 05-16-2007, 11:18 PM

Did you get the grill decal from classic as well? Also did yuo drill for side emblems or double stick?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 PM

Thumbs up Welcome!!!

Name:  congrats-1.gif
Views: 13
Size:  11.9 KB
Old 05-17-2007, 02:52 AM

Thumbs up

to the site!! Very cool HHR, love the panel. You've come to the right site for answers to any of your questions.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:37 AM

Just wanted to say hey! Just got my 07 panel last week. Love it! I'm going to use it to advertise my business and go old school at the same time. Ordered Wheel Vintiques and 49 center caps. going in the paint shop in 2 weeks for 2 tone. White over red. Also going to add front visor. Need some chevrolet scripts for the hood. Looking fo r the block style like came on the 49. Any suggestions??
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking panel. Good luck with it.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:05 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 13
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Nice Panel, Love the victory Red!

FOR More FONTS go to DAFONT.Com!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:59 PM

Did you get the grill decal from classic as well? Also did yuo drill for side emblems or double stick?
Hey Danny... we used the 3m Double stick tape... I will post some pics in my album of the back side of the emblems after we got the tape installed... we got it from AutoZone... it took some time but We are very pleased with the outcome. The grill decal came from eBay.. would buy from the seller again.... here is the link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOSTA...QQcmdZViewItem
he has it in different colors.. I think Black blue & RED.. Red would look sharp on your panel! =)
He also sells the side emblems in a chrome look decal, but we decided to go with the 3D Original reproductions that are on the HHR.
If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate ask.
Best of Luck with that sharp looking Panel!

Quick Reply: Newbie says hey!