General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Nice to see that gm patrols these forums

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 PM

Ford is watching the forums too. They know that people gripe on forums about problems. By having a rep watch the forums, everyone feels better about their vehicles because we see someone who cares from the manufacturer. It's real good PR for them.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
The damn SS brakes on a cold start. And the dealer who wants to keep it overnight because it "might be something else" even though I showed them the TSB.
Go to another dealer. Mine fix it on the first trip and I did not have to leave it over night.

Mark Reuss at GM has put a major push to have better customer relations. This is part of the deal.

GM for the most part has not been the big issue but the sub par dealers. Too often poor work and lack of customer service has been the issue.

Many GM engineers and marketing people have been on most sights but usually in a quiet way. Being more in the open will only enhance their image and then back it up with good service.

Companies like Toyota and others are down and the American companies can strike back and take market share with better service. This is important now as many of their new cars are as good as any and the service is the difference.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 PM

If GM was watching this site why wouldn,t they have fixed some of the problems like the pinch wilds on the bottom of the doors that just love to rust?

They should have caught that by 08 or 09 at the latest. That is a downrigh SHAME.

kk4
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 PM

I'm not sure how common that is....... Mine aren't rusted.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
I'm not sure how common that is....... Mine aren't rusted.
Mine ain't rusted either.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Michelle never has replied about the Steering issue & Canadian recall & not the US. ??
Old 06-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Deceased

Probably not much she can say sleeper, its a matter between GM and Transport Canada, whether it ever comes to anything here in the US is pure speculation at best.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 AM

The fact is GM can solve a lot of things and will solve a lot but don't expect every little complaint to be addressed.

In the case of the woman here she can work to get many general service issues delt with.

Design and supplier issues are a different story. Each of these will be delt with on a more corperate level. Some will be addresses and some will not. Often many are done quietly with upgraded parts and not recalled.

My GTP had a intermediate shaft that would come lose and clunk at 30,000. GM had a TSB on a new part number but no recall. Many owners did not notice the issue and GM could not afford to recall all of them. They just let it ride and take them on a case by case basis. It may suck but that is how all mfg deal with some issues that are not safety related.

As for the rust issue while you may see it on the inside I expect most of these will not rust through for 10 years or more. Have you seen a HHR with rust on the outside yet? It is not unlike many other cars and most will be worn out before it becomes an issue.

I believe it is more an issue on the HHR as the door bottoms are more visible due to the roll under than most other cars. I have seen it on GM and non GM cars alike.

Cars rust and that is that.

Most would be more freaked out that the rockers on most cars are gone under the plastic rocker covers. GM. Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota all have this rot. Ofte the rocker covers hide it and most people never know they no longer have rocker panels.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

I hear ya guys, I did get a PM response from her.. "0"

"It may suck but that is how all mfg deal with some issues that are not safety related".

(agian) my steering is working fine, but for anyone who has lost power-steer on theirs making a bend, I would call that a SAFETY ISSUE.....
Old 06-18-2011, 09:36 AM

Honestly I am floored that Chevrolet actually has someone interacting with everyone here. That is awesome. (Thank you Michelle). Granted they can't go by everything people say in here because it's a focused group in comparison to the total number of owners out there but it shows their interest in keeping customers happy as can be.

I work for an airline and I know we have people that monitor aviation groups. Not so much to interact like here, but more to just see what people are saying about our product.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:59 AM

This will become the new norm in the future with many companies. Even the company I work for has read and jumped in when we see something that needed corrected needed done.

In the world of chat and twitter interactions will only increase. It might not always solve you ever complaint but it will help.

Quick Reply: Nice to see that gm patrols these forums