General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

No more HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM

No more HHR?

I don't see anyone here talking about the fact that the HHR has been discontinued. Is this true? If so I am very disappointed. My brother is a sales manager and told me yesterday. I was looking foreward to bying my next one. Does anyone else have any information on this? Thanks, 07wite2lt
Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 PM

Nobody talking about it cause it's old news. New were done in May. Whatever is out there - is it, it's not many.

Or used, lots of used HHR's around.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Yep. That's all true. The SS only had 3 years ('08-'10) in production.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Yep. Old news. Production ended in May. We talked about it alot enod of 2010/begining 2011. Search is a useful tool.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=production

and:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_HHR
Old 09-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Ending the HHR is the worst thing chevy could do but I got mine
Old 09-07-2011, 08:04 PM

A search will pull up lots of info on this. Search is a great and very under utilized tool. I use it for a lot on here
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ballplr
Ending the HHR is the worst thing chevy could do but I got mine
Makes no sense to end a good selling vehicle, and a popular one too.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Deceased

The Delta platform has run its course, everything good must come to an end sometime. Just because they stop making a particular vehicle, it doesn't mean the ones already around are somehow diminished. Heck, I have a van who's species died out 45 years ago and a Chevy truck that's 74 years old, I can still get parts and they haven't been made for decades.

HHR's are out there to buy brand new if you know where to look, and if you have one and are happy with it, hang onto it.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rigormortor

You're kidding right.

80,000 to 100,000 units a year, sold with rebates almost the entire time and with inventory left over each new model year (which ultimately were sold with greater rebates). GM, I'm told, made very little money on the HHR. While the true net of a vehicle is a closely guarded secret in each manufacturer's house, I'm told that Chev. group only netted about $200 per produced vehicle. That is "chicken feed" in todays (and yesterdays) automotive world. Did the HHR add some financial gains to the bottom line....you bet. But, it was a "gap" vehicle. Something to temporarily contribute funds to keep the company operating. AND it was planned that way from it's inception. GM cannot afford to build and sell vehicles at a loss....much like they did with the last generation Camaros....just to hold or gain market share.

Am I going to miss it. Yeah, a little. But another new vehicle will come along.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rigormortor
Like stated the Delta platform died. But also the last couple years the sales have been on a steady decline. Also fleet sales have taken as much as 50% of the HHR's. Enterprise and other rentals account for most of the sales anymore and there is little profit in that.

The six speed tranny will not fit the present Delts without a major change and it is not worth the investment.

The truth be said the HHR has lived a strong long life in todays market. It best it goes now before it really starts to look bad compared to other models that offer much better platforms.

Note GM has some things coming. One we know about is the GMC Granite. Also we have some other un named vehicles coming for Chevy. We should see or hear somthing soon on what to expect.

While it make no sense to the casual observer there were a lot of hard facts that made this an easy thing to do.

The PT and Caliper both are going on too. The PT just finished up and the Calipe is gone in Nov. Too many new things out there for the older models to compete with.