General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

NooB Here!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 07:25 PM

yep...looks better without. I know that was a factory stripe...but who cares...do with the car as you see fit.

You know, I hope you can understand my reply to your comment about only black HHR's look good to you...knowing most of us have a different color than you...

Black is one of the few colors I dont think looks good with the HHR's body style.

we all have different tastes...just because I dont "prefer"a Black HHR...doesnt mean you HHR is not a nice car. It is beautiful. I just prefer a different color when it comes to this body style...exactly like you prefer black.

so we think alike...only in different "shades" if you will.

dont be shy...post that sucker's pictures everywhere...it looks like it's in show-quality shape.

there's a thread for Black HHR's only...litter that sucker with your pics. From one black car owner to another...flaunt that sinister look.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 AM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 13
Size:  38.2 KB
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 AM

Well everyone is different in their tastes. I happen to like the pin stripe. AND, I happen to like black. But that's what makes life so cool...we can enjoy everyone's different views.

I also love seeing different color HHRs. The other day I saw a 2006 special edition with two-tone leather interior. VERY NICE. It was a special color red too.

Smoke, you are correct about the upkeep of a black vehicle, but one thing...when it is clean and polished it DOES look good. And the chrome script against the black also looks very fine (IMO).

Peace,
Old 01-13-2008, 09:01 AM

Welcome to the site
Now place your food tray to the up right position fasten your seat Belt and enjoy the Ride.

Rudy
Old 01-13-2008, 10:02 AM

Living in the land of perpetual sunshine (SoCal), having a black HHR can be a PITA as it is always sunny and these cars look fantastic in the sunshine when shined up...

I am still a *tiny* bit disappointed I didn't get the imperial blue I had always wanted, but am still MORE then pleased with the black.

And after seeing literally every color yesterday at Boyd's--even the ones I never would have considered--all sparkling in the sun, ALL the colors looked spectacular!

I saw all these fantastic modifications, designs, etc. From elaborate artwork, to simple fuzzy dice--I think it is the owner's who bring out the beauty (and personality) of the cars regardless of the color.

Enjoy your new HHR!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:57 AM

Verry well said.

The made a few very good points:
1)the owners bring out the car's beauty
2)when in groups, HHR's look even better
3)when different colors are all present at once, they all tend to take on their own unique, and individual appearance.

that is a good thing. otherwise we'd be bored looking at all these cars...which I feel is impossible.

One common thing I have noticed is that not everyone got the color they originally wanted(me too). I would have to say...this must be one amazing car if people are willing to sacrifice the color they originally wanted, and buy a second choice(or whatever color the dealer had). Did we all want one so bad that we couldnt wait any longer? Or was it that we were afraid to pass up the one we saw hoping the right one would come along?

I dont know about you folks but...I wanted Orange....I went to buy Orange. But the one I saw had enough visible(and cosmetic) flaws that I wouldnt "settle" for a car that was not exactly what I wanted, condition-wise. Had my DSM one been in the shape the orange one was, I would have passed on it too.

But when I saw my DSM, it was so pristine, so loaded with goodies, it looked better just because of condition and options. within 5 minutes,...I loved DSM.

I wouldnt change a thing.

so...are there only a few of us who brought home the color we DIDNT want at first?

But that's hijacking this thread...I'll start a new one.

Beautiful car...as I said earlier. and yes...the Chevrolet script DOES look fantastic on a black HHR.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the welcomes everybody!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:28 AM

Very nice, what color is the interior ?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM

You're from Philly?????

HHR G2G May 17th in Gettysburg, PA. More info in the Northeast Forum. Hope to see you there!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by rob-cyn
Very nice, what color is the interior ?
ebony cloth

Quick Reply: NooB Here!!