General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

NOOB looking for help with purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:07 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 26
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!! I have the black ebony cloth and after almost 1 yr. still no problems. If you like leather then get leather. My last few vehicles had leather and I decided this time it was not necessary. As far as buy now or wait for incentives, do what you feel. You never know what GM/Chevy are going to do?!?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:03 AM

That sounds like a great price. Many of us who purchased our HHRs early go little or no discounts. Go for it!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:29 AM

if he's picking up a fall edition with cloth interior he'll get at least ebony cloth interior. so he won't see any stains
Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by b15nut
Anyone think I should hold out for better APR offers? Considering that GM's sales dropped 21% in the month of June, they may need to offer 0% for 60 months to move inventory? I dont need to purchase right now but dont want to lose out on the vehicle I want.
Check out this link to see what you should be paying in your area. I find edmunds to be a great source of info when it comes to pricing cars. When I bought mine my dealer was $5 over what edmunds said it should be. It's comforting to know that I'm not getting ripped off.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/chev...on=1&x=66&y=13

Just plug in all your options you want, your zip code and look at the TMV price. I've never found it to be wrong.

Also keep in mind that you usually can't have your cake and eat it too. If you get low financing, you usually don't get the rebates, or at least not as good of a rebate. I opted to go with 60 month and $2500 rebate with higher interest than $1000 rebate and 0% for 36 months. I pay a little more at the end of it all, but I save alot every month with a much lower monthly payment. So I can set more money back while I'm paying it off. That worked out better for me.

Also, try out this if you want to figure out what your payments would be with different down payments and what not, click the "basic loan" tab. And to figure out the better of bigger rebates or lower APR click the "low apr vs cashback".

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/calc/CalculatorController

Those are all the tools I used. Hope it helps! And if you get one, you'll love it!

::edit, sorry I mucked up the links. All should be well now. :)
Old 07-04-2007, 09:29 AM

to the best HHR site with the best HHR people!!
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2007, 09:43 AM

Welcome...ditto honest blues^^^^ & on test drive, wife felt cloth was like sitting on a dobie pad...the princess and the pea..I like the leather for look and clean up and durability...good price...go with what suits your budget
and ENJOY!!!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:03 PM

Welcome aboard, you'll love this site. Great people and great help!

Go for the leather, you will not be disappointed.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Leather and runningboards.. Welcome to the Site
Old 07-05-2007, 02:27 PM

I got the ebony cloth interior because the car I wanted only had the cloth and so far the seats are fine, I scotchguarded them and no problem, but kinda wish I would have went with leather for the look and the heated seats!! It gets cold here in Wisconsin!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:28 PM

I got the ebony cloth interior because the car I wanted only had the cloth and so far the seats are fine, I scotchguarded them and no problem, but kinda wish I would have went with leather just for the look itself and the heated seats!! It gets cold here in Wisconsin!!!

Quick Reply: NOOB looking for help with purchase