General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Not an HHR owner... yet!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 PM

Not an HHR owner... yet!

Hello all, I'm in the market for a car with decent gas mileage and I (as all of you) really like the looks of the HHR. I haven't yet made my purchase as I'm still researching other cars (boo! hiss! - figured I'd save you all the trouble!) I'm still trying to decide between black or white. I have a white Jeep Cherokee (for off roading,) and I don't see many white ones on the road, but I really like the black as well, and in AZ with not much rain it should stay clean for months at a time But my ex recently bought a black H3 with black leather and chrome wheels and it'd remind me of her so maybe the white one it is!

Anyway, I do have a question that I couldn't find in search (I think I found the answer to the little panel above the rear view mirror by searching) and that is what is the button on the top right of the steering wheel with a person talking? It's probably an easy answer, but I didn't think to try it out when I was test driving today.

Thanks!

Burbs
Old 05-07-2007, 11:23 PM

That's the mute button for the stereo
Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 PM

You should try to find a Premiere Edition as an alt to White. It's officially called "Cappucino Frost Metallic" color and it doesn't show dirt as much as pure white, though pure white IS nice too. That's the model I own and I gets lots of complements about the color. BTW my son is still driving my '96 Jeep Grand, and the HHR is way beyond those old "J" rides by a mile. You won't believe the difference in refinement and technology. Do what a lot of us did and Rent one for a weekend or more and you'll be sold. One more thing I'm sure AZ is much like Socal and instead of rain we get DUSTY dirt all over everything. Silver, White and variations are the way to go.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Burbs
what is the button on the top right of the steering wheel with a person talking?
Originally Posted by GDZHHR
That's the mute button for the stereo
^^What he said.^^

Originally Posted by tonepad
instead of rain we get DUSTY dirt all over everything.
And the HHR seems to be a dust magnet.

BTW.....WELCOME to a future owner!! I'm sure you've seen the light, since you already researched the panel above the rearview mirror.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:32 AM

Thanks for the responses. There is a Premier Edition at one of the dealers, but it comes with a premium price, too! If you re-read my post, you'll see that I'm also paying for an H3 :-( But enough of that, is that light above the mirror distracting? I had no idea that's what it was when I saw it today.

Well I was virtually sold on the black with but the white was sure nice, and I haven't seen too many around here. One of the dealers has several of the "Fall Edition" with the black chrome grill and wheels, but I really like the high polished ones and the bright chrome.

Oops, the one I thought was a Premier Edition was simply a model that was fixed up by the dealer. So I guess I haven't seen one yet.
I'll keep checking in and let you guys/gals know what I go with.

Last edited by Burbs; 05-08-2007 at 01:45 AM. Reason: add content
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 AM
jx3

is that light above the mirror distracting? I had no idea that's what it was when I saw it today.
The light is not distracting at all!! I hardly notice mine and I even changed it's color too.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:31 AM

Hello all, I'm in the market for a car with decent gas mileage and I (as all of you) really like the looks of the HHR. I haven't yet made my purchase as I'm still researching other cars (boo! hiss! - figured I'd save you all the trouble!) I'm still trying to decide between black or white. I have a white Jeep Cherokee (for off roading,) and I don't see many white ones on the road, but I really like the black as well, and in AZ with not much rain it should stay clean for months at a time But my ex recently bought a black H3 with black leather and chrome wheels and it'd remind me of her so maybe the white one it is!

Anyway, I do have a question that I couldn't find in search (I think I found the answer to the little panel above the rear view mirror by searching) and that is what is the button on the top right of the steering wheel with a person talking? It's probably an easy answer, but I didn't think to try it out when I was test driving today.

Thanks!

Burbs
Welcome to the forum. This is a fun and very informative site. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:24 AM

Welcome to the Club and Enjoy the Ride when you Get Yours!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 AM

White is the only way to go!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Welcome to the site. Hope to see yet another Az personget themself a new HHR.
Where in Az are you located. If your looking for the Premier Edition and your in the east valley I know Power chevy has 2 sitting on the lot.

once again welcome

Quick Reply: Not an HHR owner... yet!