General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Nothing but GOOD news from BNR

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Nothing but GOOD news from BNR

I just wanted to take a moment to share my experience with Jerry at Bad News Racing to all of you.

I got the Trifecta premium tune for my SS thanks to BNR's cable sale, which threw in the $200 cable for free with the cost of the tune (an incredible value).

I tried to install it on my car on Christmas night, but due to my crappy computer and my impatience I couldn't get it to work right. Something went wrong, my slow computer was not communicating with the car correctly and I had to stop mid tune. I emailed Jerry an update at 12:11 a.m. on Jan. 26th and then went to bed, thinking he wouldn't get back to me till BNR's office opened again on the 27th.

Jerry responded at 12:34 a.m. that night from his phone. My car was unusable for the next day or so, and at one point the battery even died. Naturally, I was pretty anxious and not happy about it, but Jerry worked with me all day on the 26th, trying the tune, communicating via email, ON HIS DAY OFF, and he responded promptly every time. We could only get so far until Vince at Trifecta opened up again today to read my logs, but he was extremely helpful the entire time.

Today, I sent him the log files, he got them to Vince and then got back to me with the diagnosis (something about my driver software not installing correctly, I blame my crappy computer), offered to remote tune it for me from his home (he controlled my computer remotely via the internet) and stayed on the phone with me answering questions the entire time until it was done and I was satisfied.

Using a better computer and Jerry's help, we got the tune loaded no problem in about 10-15 mins total, and he also stayed on the line longer to help me adjust launch control. I just wanted to tell you all this because of how completely satisfied I was with Jerry's service. He took time on his day off to answer questions all day and was incredibly helpful. I strongly recommend you do any modding you can through him, he deserves the business.

P.S. I'm now boosting about 24 psi, this thing is a screamer, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Thanks Jerry from BNR and also Vince from Trifecta!

Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Premium Member

im surprised you were able to get a hold of Vince since he's always hiding underground or something lol..but thats good that it all worked out! good to know there are still people out there that care about the consumer and want them to be happy! I'll look into them too for future plans
Old 12-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the kind words Dan :) it was a pleasure working with you.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 PM

How long can you run that much boost before causing problems?