General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

O6ChevyHHR's First Attempt At PhotoShop!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

Hmmm, that really surprises me. One crashed HD (mostly my fault) and a new installed HD with about 20 minutes of just questions from MS. They finally agreed to the unlock.

Built 2 systems from scratch and wanted to use the XP from 2 older systems that I was going to scrap. MS tech.'s said buy a copy for the second one. The first one, the tech. kind of worked with me, but all the answers had to be right....which he kind of hinted for the correct answers.

You were better at it than me, I guess. Glad to hear you didn't have the problems.....or the expense.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hmmm, that really surprises me. One crashed HD (mostly my fault) and a new installed HD with about 20 minutes of just questions from MS. They finally agreed to the unlock.

Built 2 systems from scratch and wanted to use the XP from 2 older systems that I was going to scrap. MS tech.'s said buy a copy for the second one. The first one, the tech. kind of worked with me, but all the answers had to be right....which he kind of hinted for the correct answers.

You were better at it than me, I guess. Glad to hear you didn't have the problems.....or the expense.
ok im still stumped on this whole "question" thing... you had to call someone to re-install windows???? i dont know how many times ive reinstalled my copy of windows as well as other borrowed windows versions and never had to call or email anyone... i just used the keys to that particular cd, or my own cd and no problems...
Old 11-12-2006, 11:24 AM

Hey 06ChevyHHR,

I was told by COURTHOUSEDEB that you were the one to talk to about this. I am trying to see what my HHR would look like with the sandstone color at the top and a dark red color at the bottom. Kinda like the San Fransico 49s colors (not that Im a fan). I suck at photoshop and was wondering if maybe some time when you get board if you wouldnt mind messing around with my pic. I have a pic of my HHR in my gallary that should work. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:35 AM

Here ya go 06.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

This "high jacking" is way out of hand...

Can't tell you the answer, maybe one of the geeks can. Start a new thread with the question, if you are interested.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:55 AM

hijacking again...

two different types of windows xp pro OS, retail and OEM. The OEM version normally comes with a new machine (Dell, HP, etc) and only belongs to that machine. If you need to ever reinstall the OEM version to the same machine you will need to call Microsoft to reactivate the OS. You can never use the OEM serial for any other machines other than the one it came with (or if purchased separately, the first machine you installed the OS on).

The retail version can be used on any type of machine. If you have a retail version and you decide its time to replace your existing machine by building a new one, you can use your retail copy and install it on the newly built box. You might/might not have to call MS to have that copy activated.

OEM Version = cheaper, belongs to one machine in its lifetime, normally comes with systems already built and sold in stores, cannot be re-used on any other machines.

Retail = more expensive, can be re-used on any types of PC.

If you ever purchased a legitimate copy of Win XP you'll know all about calling MS and getting the OS activated.

If you are pirating the OS you might have a copy of a multi-user license, in this case a call to MS is not needed.

On the ethics point of this hijacked discussion, you as a person expect to get paid when you provide a service (whether its working for a company, mowing lawns, , etc), right? Software companies spend money creating and distributing their warez and should be compensated for this products. If you really cant afford to pay for a $100 software you shouldnt be using a computer. Nothing's free in this world..."borrowing" or whatever pretty word you'd like to use is still piracy.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:56 AM

I did post it as a seperate question and I was told to come post it here. Now you guys got me spinning in circles...

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/cant-find-good-color-match-5513/
Old 11-12-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by HHR PNOY
hijacking again...

two different types of windows xp pro OS, retail and OEM. The OEM version normally comes with a new machine (Dell, HP, etc) and only belongs to that machine. If you need to ever reinstall the OEM version to the same machine you will need to call Microsoft to reactivate the OS. You can never use the OEM serial for any other machines other than the one it came with (or if purchased separately, the first machine you installed the OS on).

The retail version can be used on any type of machine. If you have a retail version and you decide its time to replace your existing machine by building a new one, you can use your retail copy and install it on the newly built box. You might/might not have to call MS to have that copy activated.

OEM Version = cheaper, belongs to one machine in its lifetime, normally comes with systems already built and sold in stores, cannot be re-used on any other machines.

Retail = more expensive, can be re-used on any types of PC.

If you ever purchased a legitimate copy of you'll know all about calling MS and getting the OS activated.

If you are pirating the OS you might have a copy of a multi-user license, in this case a call to MS is not needed.

On the ethics point of this hijacked discussion, you as a person expect to get paid when you provide a service (whether its working for a company, mowing lawns, , etc), right? Software companies spend money creating and distributing their warez and should be compensated for this products. If you really cant afford to pay for a $100 software you shouldnt be using a computer. Nothing's free in this world..."borrowing" or whatever pretty word you'd like to use is still piracy.

Did I ever say I didnt have the program. I said I didnt know how to use it to do this sort of stuff. I own the Adobe Photoshop.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 PM

i was talking in the general sense, wasnt referring to you.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member

Hey John.....

This wasn't directed at you.

It was me, and several others, who "high jacked" the thread. I apologize.

HHR Pnoy...thanks for the "lesson" !!!! And the explanation on ethics, which I agree with.

Quick Reply: O6ChevyHHR's First Attempt At PhotoShop!