General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

OK, explain this then

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 AM

OK, explain this then

So you all got me playing with the air controls. There is a button for recirculate air, a button for fresh air, and a knob for air control (face only, face and feet, feet only).

If you select either face or face and feet position you are allowed to select either recirc OR fresh air. However, I discovered that when you change the air direction knob to feet only, the system does NOT allow you to select recirc air. When you try to select recirc air, the little LED blinks a few times and goes right back to fresh air.

WHY?

Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 AM

MikeX : sorry, man, but it appears that no matter who tries to explain this to you, it's not gonna go away - stop trying to figure it out and let sleeping dogs lie! You can only beat a dead horse so much........ stop worrying about it and simply enjoy your HHR!
Old 05-23-2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by MikeX
However, I discovered that when you change the air direction knob to feet only, the system does NOT allow you to select recirc air.
WHY?
So that your car doesn't now smell like only feet?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 AM

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the previous thread, it's simply something I'm curious about, that I discovered and I would like an explanation. Do not mistake an inquisitive mind for someone beating a dead horse. I simply am curious about the functionality. If you can't contribute a thoughtful insight to the question, why not read another thread. Your statement "stop trying to figure things out" is ridiculous, to say the least.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:53 AM

Maybe the car has been programmed not to recirculate feet air only in case of smelly feet and you'll need all the fresh air you can find.

Seriously...I don't understand the logic behind some of this stuff, so I just drive it and enjoy all the attention I get when I'm in it.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by MikeX
However, I discovered that when you change the air direction knob to feet only, the system does NOT allow you to select recirc air.

WHY?

I think it's fairly obvious that recirculation of air that has been blown across feet could be potentially dangerous in a driving situation. I personally know a few people whose foot odor could, if blown repeatedly throughout a vehicle, lead to all occupants becoming unconscious.

But that's just my theory....
Old 05-23-2006, 11:32 AM

I'm with Deb on this one. Don't worry about and enjoy the ride!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:34 AM

Apparently I'm not the only one who's not taking the air circulation questions very seriously..........
Old 05-23-2006, 11:51 AM

Yes I see that, but you apparently do take your philosophy of "not figuring things out" pretty seriously. Well we all have our own guidelines we adopt to help us through life. If it works for you, I'm all for it!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:00 PM

I don't really like that you can;t pick how you want the air. It sucks in the winter that you have to use fresh air to defrost the windows. takes a little longer, but I still love my HHR all the same.

Quick Reply: OK, explain this then