General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

OK So really...How many of you owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Banned

OK So really...How many of you owners...

Have had issues with this car.

To read this and the other forum these cars are a mess.
I have mine a week and I'm afraid to drive it LOL
Already have the ignition key stuck issue. I usually research my purchases before I make them but the price I paid was so good on this car I decided to do it backwards knowing could get $15k Should I want to sell it.

But yeah there are seemingly a lot of really strange Electrical. issues with this ride for far too many it would appear. I like the car and all but would not put up with some of the issues I have read here very long.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 AM
jx3

Issues I've had w/ Dory......
  • Key stuck in ignition
  • Tailgate actuator failure
  • Broken arm for sunroof net

All minor problems that I would consider normal for a first year production model. Wouldn't want to get rid of Dory for any of these reasons.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:43 AM

The only thing I really have is the radio poping on start up.
It has been reprogramed a number of times. At times very intermitt. Happens once in a blue moon, but other times all day, then it goes back to a blue moon.
I like my car, so if they have not found it yet, they are not going to get it back till it dies. Just turn off the radio when I stopp, if I start it and hear a static sound, don't turn the radio on till it stops.
We think (Dealer and I) think that there is a loose ground, but where? Could take days, but I can live with it for now and I just keep a log as to the weather conditions, and the time of day, it happens.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:50 AM

I've had a few of the, what I consider, major problems.

Had the rear hatch actuator fail
Had the sunroof auto close feature not work (service department replaced the control and it worked after that)
Had the sunroof windscreen arm break loose
Had the break rotors warp

And I've had a number of minor problems with some of them being taken care of and some of them not having been dealt with because of GM's lack of wanting to correct the issue.

Overall, I'm satisfied although I have been thinking about getting a new ride for about 6 or 8 months now.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Only problems I've had with my 2006 was the A/C growl, rotors needed to be turned, and I have a squeeky seat.
I've had the radio POP problem once and it hasn't happened since.

Keep in mind that the folks on this site represent a very small segment of all the HHRs that have been sold, so things may look worse than they are.

People only write about stuff when something is wrong, rarely do they write anything when everything is perfect.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:01 PM

Karen lift the carpet under the drivers seat and separte the wires because you are getting an RF problem with power and radio wires so close...others have seen that.Kingfrog, the problems that I have had in 55,000 miles were a fuel pump that would occassionally loose it's prime and a sensor at 54,000 miles and for a first year car I feel quite fortunate and will buy another one...sorry that you haven't enjoyed the same good luck...
Old 09-05-2007, 12:07 PM

I've had three issues with mine, and all were fixed the first trip under warranty. Problems were:

AC growl
fuel pump loosing prime
key stuck-had shifter assembly replaced

All three were intermittent and never caused a problem.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by scaleguy
Karen lift the carpet under the drivers seat and separte the wires because you are getting an RF problem with power and radio wires so close...others have seen that.
I'll do that as soon as it quits raining. Thanks.
Now back the Thread at hand:

OK So really...How many of you owners
Old 09-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Founding Member

Turn signal lever does not return to it's netural position after a turn. No bigger to me, I manual click it back to center.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:02 PM

I've had the brake rotors warp (yet to fix it..) and a loose ground wire, which I don't think anybody else has had a problem with. Took 3 trips to 2 dealers to fix though...

Other than that, car is perfectly fine...

Quick Reply: OK So really...How many of you owners...