General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

OK So really...How many of you owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 AM

Bought mine 4 months ago used with 19,000 miles. No service history except normal maintenance. Had key in ignition issues only. First trip to the dealer for a "recorded" problem. LOVE the HHR. Enjoy your HHR.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Banned

2 years and over 36,000 miles and just a few small warranty issue.

My 6 disc CD stopped ejecting the discs so they replaced the radio
I had the rotors turned
They replaced the A/C lines at my request

I think that's about the extent of my problems.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
Mine does this as well, but only during the day when I go from sunny to shady. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to happen (at least I hope )
If you have the auto lights on it is. Next time they dim, look at the little LED in the roof liner. It will likely be on meaning your headlights are also on. In the shade the auto lights "think" it is getting dark.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by sa82
wow, lots of stuff here. i do understand the statistics that many of these things will not happen to every car; but wow those are some problems. i just bought my car a month ago (used) :). its an 06', knock on wood i havn't had any problems but it has also only been a month. when i got the car i thought why would someone want to get rid of such an awesome car??? now i'm worried .
This is the problem with forums. People join (often) because they have a problem and in general people will post when they have a problem to seek info. People without problems often do not join forums and further certainly do not keep posting that they had no problems (well some do in response to people saying they have a problem!).

KIV that the membership of a forum is a very small sample of the number of owners out there and I will always maintain it is a skewed sample because, again, people seek out help when they have an issue, not when they do not.

Don't worry about the car. It is a great vehicle. I have had no real issues with mine except the warpped rotors. While I do believe the rotors on the HHR are crap, rotor warping, like fuel economy, is subject to a lot of variables not the least of which is how people drive and brake.

I also had my arm rests replaced as per the TSB...and that really is the reason...I knew there was supposed to an improvement. I rarely use my arm rests so had it not been for the TSB, I would not have brought it in for the replacement.

Enjoy your car!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by JeffsHHR
I've had my HHR for almost two years and 30k miles. I haven't had any of the problems mentioned in any of the threads. I consider myself very lucky - and should knock on wood quickly before it all changes.
Originally Posted by Daverb
I must be a lucky one here, I have had no real issues with mine.
See it is not "luck". You have a car that is likely representative of the thousands that have been sold. Forums are skewed toward owners that have problems.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by HHRuss
These forums are ALWAYS scary. They attract a disproportionate number of people having problems and enthusiasts, which are a picky crowd.

I had the same trepidation after web research before buying a Kubota tractor and a Toyota truck, both very high-quality machines.

8000 miles on our loaded HHR, no issues yet. LOVE the car. Drives great, looks good, awesome mileage

Russell in Texas

Some good common sense there. If you want to talk yourself OUT of buying ANY vehicle on earth, just go to a forum where owners who've had issues are crying on each other's shoulders. Doesn't matter how reliable that vehicle is in fact, you will quickly be convinced it is a total POS engineered by imbeciles that somehow got to market without even a passing nod of quality control.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:31 PM

I've had my 2LT since April '06 and only had 2 minor issues I fixed myself.

1. SES light came on when the car had a few hundred miles on it. I reset it by pulling the PCM fuse and it has not come on since.
2. Ignition key stuck (would not turn to START). I managed to jiggle it to where the engine started and drove home. Injected some spray lube into the lock and it has been fine since.

Never had to take it in for warranty work.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:26 PM

Something to consider about those people buying used '06s are that many were rental cars. Were the issues properly addressed by the rental company or were they ignored.

I found this site because I was looking for better floor mats. I wish I had found it before I made my purchase because I may have bought other options on my HHR. Oh well, I'm still very happy!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Turn signal lever does not return to it's netural position after a turn. No bigger to me, I manual click it back to center.
I just stated having this problem.

Other than that, two HHRs, soon to be three, and we are VERY happy with them!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Since June 2006, currently @ 6700 miles on the odometer

Only problem I had was replaced under warranty: shifter assembly replaced (stuck in park).

Quick Reply: OK So really...How many of you owners...