General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

OK So really...How many of you owners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:09 AM

1. Car dies intermittantly. Seems like fuel starvation so we manage to get it to the dealer than they replace a fuel relay.

2. Car dies intermittantly again 2 days later. Drive it to the dealer and they want to replace something with the fuse box. Says it will take a week and send my wife home in the intermittant car since it's not happening again.

3. 2 days later (yesterday) I'm coming home and it dies 4 times on a busy university road. Almost got rear ended a couple of times by inattentive drivers. Some students help me push it up the hill to a side street since we can't go backwards down the hill. They tow it to the dealer.

I love my SS but as of last week I'm wondering why I didn't buy that Lancer Evo instead...
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 AM

My short list:

1) Rattle in steering column (no real issue other than annoyance. It still turns right & left)
2) Rear bowtie bubble (after getting back from detailer)
3) low popping/thump noise when I turn & go uphill (not sure what it is but again, no real issue)
4) No HHR club in my town
I am extremely happy with this vehicle. Everybody that sees it, love it. It drives smoothly & is everything I could've hoped for (& more). Cars I looked at before purchasing the HHR: PT, xB
Old 07-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Warped rotors off the lot, turned them and have had nothing else to complain about
Old 07-09-2009, 04:36 PM

A bracket for the emergency brake cable came loose, and rattled.

Fixed at first dealer service.

I cannot get my Ipod to work with the USB cable.

This is still an issue, and the service manager gave me a copy of the TSB. It seems to be a systemic problem, and GM is working on it.

No matter... I can use the 12V power and the auxiliary cable!

Other than that - no problems whatsoever.

And 28-29 mpg, to boot!

I'm a happy HHR owner!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:03 PM

search some others

i am sure that if you do a search on any vehicle you will find that all have random issues.....i got 85,000 miles on my 08 2.4 auto 2lt panel....the only thing i have had to do was change the oil , air filter ... i add seafoam aditive to the gas occasionally to clean the injectors.....it allways runs smooth and fast if needed/wanted....my mpg increases with the seafoam so i assume the injectors may be getting dirty ,but that could happen on any vehicle....i have noticed the floorboard was damp a couple of times , a little too much wind noise from the sunroof , and i replaced the battery in the keyfob...i may have a faulty keyfob....i average over 30mpg....everyone compliments my hhr...1 guy said it was the nicest looking pt cruzer he had ever saw , he was honking at me at a stoplight just to tell me....i can't remember hearing/seeing any problems with the 2.4 ecotec , but i am sure there are a few , i'm refering to the mechanical not electrical....oh , and i still got the original firstone tires on , but the fronts are due for replacement.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by catdaddy137
.oh , and i still got the original firstone tires on , but the fronts are due for replacement.
haha nice long life on them tires!

I too also have that random popping noise when turning sometimes. Rare now that it is summer but this winter I noticed it did it more often when below freezing.

Defective door handle on the rear passenger door. Chrome cover not put on correctly when car was built. Replaced under warranty

I drive through a lot of hills and have come to hate the cruise control as when downshifting in cruise the transmission wants to stay in the higher gear (4krpms) even after clearing the hill and going back down.

Poor quality material used for the seats. A drop of condensation from a bottle of water or anything and you can consider it a new stain.

Overall, I love my car and am very happy with my choice to join the family!
If all goes well I will probably trade into a SS model sometime 2k11.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:45 AM

You only read about issues here and most web sites. Seldom do people post threads to say Hey I never had an issue. which is the majority,

There are issues with all makes. I have a co worker who has a For F150 and a Hond CRV and is renting a car for vacation as he has had so many issues with both vehiclles he is affraid to take them out of town.

The only issues I have had were with the stage kit and the effects of my accident. The replacement of the intercooler and intake tube left me with some teething problems that were easily solved and not the fault of GM. Shimming the IC and replacing the tube fixed both and both parts were replacments after the accident.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:52 AM

As an owner of 2 HHRs, so far nothing has been a problem on either one, the first one we have had for 2 years, sure we had the oil pan thing but that was self inflected.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Every vehicle has its gremlins. With over 43,500 miles on my 07 - these are the item that have been replaced. . . Warped front rotors, Bad front brake pads, Intermediate steering shaft, Front sway-bar links, Radio (three times), Body control module, 5-speed shifter column, Fuel solenoid, and its going into the shop this next week to have the passenger side front hub assembly replaced due to bad bearings. With everything that has gone wrong - I still wouldn't get ride of it.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 PM

Is anyone having problems with the left turn signal not shutting off? Started about 3 months ago. I took it in to the dealer and they tell me I'm not turning the wheel far enough.
My husband has the same problem when he drives it.

Quick Reply: OK So really...How many of you owners...