General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Onstar, stereo and Daylight Savings Time

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 AM

Onstar, stereo and Daylight Savings Time

I have a minor complaint about our sophisticated, integrated systems. I no longer bother to wear a watch because my cell phone clock is more accurate with less maintenance. At Daylight Savings time of year, I don't have to adjust my cell phone, it does it for me. Is that too much to ask of my Onstar-cell phone-stereo? To just give accurate time of day, and make automatic adjustments? Onstar has asked me to renew for $18 a month, I don't think I will.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Founding Member

Other than using the speakers and sharing the XM antenna, Onstar has nothing to do with your radio. Could it? Maybe someday.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:42 AM

OnStar displays distance and directions on my radio display when I use turn by turn. It also displays phone numbers and minutes available when I use the hands free calling. Sounds like a decent amount of integration to me or at least enough to change a clock for DST

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Other than using the speakers and sharing the XM antenna, Onstar has nothing to do with your radio. Could it? Maybe someday.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Founding Member

Then I want the cable company to update my TV/DVD clocks too. They also display.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM

I have a 8 yr old VCR (that never gets used) that does update automatically from the Cable Co.

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Then I want the cable company to update my TV/DVD clocks too. They also display.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Founding Member

touché
Old 11-04-2008, 09:59 AM

You GO Brad!~. I love the Onstar/XM and it's mine to do so. At least GM has made setting the clock about as easy as starting the car. Push a button, turn a knob and you're done. People dont seem to need much of a reason to complain.
I will renew my Onstar. It has way too many positives in my book not to.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:46 AM

i was wondering about that too. my wife's standard clock radio in our bedroom sets itself...

my cable box does it self too though, i thought they all did.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:00 AM

it is a minor issue considering how easy it is to set. The problem is remembering to actually do it!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by twistrman
i was wondering about that too. my wife's standard clock radio in our bedroom sets itself...

my cable box does it self too though, i thought they all did.
I think my cable box gives me the option of displaying time or the channel, I prefer the channel so I have no idea if it updates with DST. I was speaking only of my TV and my DVD player in a tongue in cheek way.

My cell phone and my computer are the only things I own that update themselves. I guess I don't buy the better equipment that does it for you. I haven't upgraded my 15 year old clock radio either since it still tells me the time when I look at it. I have no problem doing it myself though.

FYI: A little trivia answer for everyone. It's Daylight Saving Time not Daylight Savings Time

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 11-04-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Onstar, stereo and Daylight Savings Time